Why YOU Should Join Dalton State College Odyssey

It's more than just writing.

12
Ti Suchi

I'm sure you have seen a bazillion articles on you Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and probably even your Pinterest account, from a platform called Odyssey Online! Maybe you've even read some of the articles or know someone who writes them! However, have you considered writing and joining our team yourself? If not- you should! If you have- start creating with us now! Here's a few reasons why you should do just that!

You're writing and actually publishing your own work online for millions of people to see!

You’ve heard the phrase “Once something is posted online it is there for everyone to see., well it is so true! Thanks to Odyssey, you will be able to share your own, original work with the world!

You get the opportunities to meet other creators in your area! Can you say #newbffsforlife ?

I’ve met so many awesome creators and made some really good friends while working with Odyssey. I have my family at home, but even with Odyssey, I feel like I have a second family. I’ve gotten to go shopping, on road trips and just hangout with some of my really awesome teammates! This is more than just writing, it’s also creating new relationships.

It looks AWESOME on a resume!

For real- it does! Who knew that writing for the company and community I work with would open so many opportunities and doors for me? I’m more than sure it can (and will) do the same for you!

You get to write about what you are interested in! Share your thoughts and opinions with everyone else.

Want to write about your school mascot? Want to write a letter to those you love? Would you rather write you opinion on the election? Whatever your heart and mind can dream about writing- you can do it! Get those hands to typin’!

Your peers are your editors.

As an Editor-in-Chief for my community, I make sure that my member feel comfortable and happy with the work they’ve submitted. It’s important to me that they feel comfortable sharing their work with me. I strongly believe in constructive criticism in the nicest way possible. I will recommend ideas and different ways of doing this but only want them done if you’re entirely okay with the change! This is your work- I’m here only to make sure you have commas in the right place and other grammatical things along with bringing more people to Odyssey!

You get almost every resource you can imagine!

Odyssey has done an excellent job of compiling tips and tricks to inspire their creators. They have resources for beating writer’s block, creating headlines, finding new audiences, and more! The editing team and fellow creators in your community will always be there to help you out if you’re feeling stuck or uninspired.

You will be heard!

Odyssey gives you the chance to “make your voice heard” through an awesome, user-friendly platform that lets you write about whatever you want. Secondly, you will get the chance to fill out surveys and talk to editors in the home office about what you want to get out of the experience. They take your responses seriously and are always adapting to fit the wants and needs of the creators.

You get to be part of a really kickass community.

You see, Odyssey isn't just a blogging platform like WordPress or BlogSpot. It's a community. This means that not only do you get to post original content, you are provided with feedback from an editing team. And since you have to make a commitment to write each week, your team makes sure you stick to your word. The editing team provides article ideas each week in case creators get writer's block. Other team members help each other out by starting conversations about pop culture, politics, plans for the weekend or whatever else interests them. Teams meet up in person to get to know each other, share writing techniques and social media strategies. Creators care about Odyssey because they are a part of something.

You will get to see your own growth as a writer.

Just like any other job, you grow and get better the more you do it. This happens while creating with us as well! You learn to make your creativity grow and expand to the depths you never even knew existed in yourself!

You will encourage, inspire and lead others.

With your articles you will teach others and get your voice across. Whether you’re writing a poem, or a life lesson story- your work will be read by others and encourage them to not only join Odyssey but also inspire them to learn from your work and lead other to do the same!

With all the benefits Odyssey has to offer, I really don't understand why people are always bashing it. Your experience with Odyssey is what you make it to be. If you want a chance to write but don't think creating your own blog will generate enough traffic, Odyssey can help you with that. If you don't think you can keep up with creating new content on your own, Odyssey is there reminding you each week and providing you with ideas. I know that my experience here has helped me in ways that I would never have imagined - and it can do the same for you.