J'Austin White Mock Draft 3.0

J'Austin White Mock Draft 3.0

3 round Mock Draft including Trades

262
J'Austin White Mock Draft 3.0
Instagram

In my Final Mock Draft of 2018 two days before the NFL draft and no one is completely sure who will be the number one pick but here is my most recent analysis and I try to go more in-depth with each pick and include trades. This mock draft is different from previous because it is 3 rounds but take a look at my best prediction on who will be drafted in the first two days.

1. Cleveland Browns

They Select: QB Josh Allen, Wyoming

Previous Selection: Saquan Barkley RB, Penn State

In my first mock draft, I had Sam Darnold going at pick number one, and I think it's a debate right now. Who's the better pick between Darnold, Barkley, and Allen? Recent rumors have even speculated that the Brown's could look to draft Baker Mayfield at pick no.1, although, I believe Darnold is the readiest to play. I think the Brown's will elect to draft Allen or Barkley here.

Hopefully whoever they select can end the QB curse in Cleveland.

2. New York Giants

They Select: RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State

Previous Selection: Sam Darnold, USC

Saquan Barkley has been a top 5 pick in all three of my mock drafts. He has explosive power, while still very elusive he has a lot of talent and would definitely be the best RB in the Giant's backfield. This which would be a big help to veteran QB Eli Manning, who the Giant's can either build around for one last run or find their QB for the future with this pick.

3. New York Jets (from Indianapolis)

They Select: QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Previous Selection: Josh Rosen QB, UCLA

The New York Jets are most likely to look at a QB here, but there's no doubt that the question just remains. Who will that QB be will it be Darnold or Rosen or Mayfield? Many people would have to agree on Mayfield the Jets have vested the uttermost interest in him. He could bring back the light that was in New York when Mark Sanchez was a playoff QB, but the biggest personality at QB probably since Joe Namath in the 1960s-1970's maybe "Broadway Joe" could lead to "Broadway Baker".

4. Buffalo Bills (via Projected Trade with Cleveland)

They Select: QB Sam Darnold, USC

previous Selection: Josh Allen QB, Wyoming

The Bill's trade up and get the best QB in the draft before anyone else can. Sam Darnold easily has the elite level talent to be a top 3 pick, therefore, getting him at pick number 4 is a big win for the Bill's who have struggled since the departure of Jim Kelley in 1996. The Bill's could sit back and hope a QB falls to them or even take a gamble and build around AJ McCarron, but I believe their best bet would be to trade up. It won't be too hard considering they have an abundance of picks in this draft.

5. Denver Broncos

They Select: QB Josh Rosen, UCLA

In my last Mock Draft the Bronco's trade back, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but in the case they sit here, I think the Broncos will either Choose Rosen or Chubb here. I think they could go either way the only other pick I see the taking would be Josh Allen if he is to fall to pick 5. Elway is a big fan of the Wyoming product, and I think that is their first choice, but Rosen has been tied with the Bronco's on many occasions, and I think he would a be a great successor to Case Keenum considering his contract is only for 2 years.

6. Cleveland Browns ( Via projected trade with Indianapolis)

They Select: EDGE Bradley Chubb, NC State

Previous Selection: Same

In this Mock Draft I have the Brown's trading back from the 4th pick to the 12th pick but then trading back up to the 6th pick, considering they will have a lot of firepower after the trade with Buffalo, but then Giving Indianapolis a deal they wouldn't be able to pass up on.

Bradley Chubb is a monster and very Versatile. He can play inside and outside, but teaming him up with last year's no.1 pick here make's for a nightmare to opposing offenses, and give's the Brown's a pretty solid young Defensive line who can wreak Havoc.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

They select: S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

Previous Selection: Same

Unless Saquan Barkley is to fall this far, I think the Buccaneers are going to select either Minkah Fitzpatrick or Derwin James, and I won't rule out a possibility of Drafting Quenton Nelson who has to be the readiest player of the draft.

I have stuck with Minkah to the Buccaneers in all my mock draft's I think this was a match made in Heaven, Minkah is without a doubt the guy that Tampa Bay need's in their Secondary. Minkah has an unreal amount of skill he proved that he can play any position in the secondary during his tenure with The University of Alabama.

8. Chicago Bears

They Select: OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame

Previous Selection: Same

Quentin Nelson may be the most NFL ready offensive lineman since the 2007 NFL draft when Joe Thomas was a top ten pick. With Nelson's skill set, I wouldn't be surprised if he is drafted earlier. The Chicago Bear's can use a guy like this upfront. Injuries have plagued their offensive line over the past few years, and he would be an instant starter.

The only other way I can see the Bear's drafting here would be defense I think their Linebacker core isn't the best, so they could look at a guy like Tremaine Edmunds or Roquan Smith here, but I think the will pick Nelson if available.

9. San Francisco 49ers

They Select: LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech

Previous Selection: Derwin James DB, Florida State

Although in my previous mock draft's I had the 49ers selecting Derwin James. In all my previous mock draft's I think because of all the legal trouble that Reuben Foster is currently in, they will have to replace him, and who better than Tremaine Edmunds? He is a brutal hitter and is very young. He can set the tone for the defense that now includes All-pro CB Richard Sherman.

I think the 49ers will still look at Roquan Smith he proved himself well at the University of Georgia, Also don't rule out Derwin Jame's here.

10. Oakland Raiders

They Select: LB Roquan Smith, Georgia

Previous Selection: Same

Sticking with what I said in my previous two mock drafts Roquan Smith is very explosive and has been looking like an NFL starter since the beginning of last year. I think it will be hard for Gruden and the Raiders to pass up on him here. Gruden has been known for putting big-name talent is on defense, therefore, I think they will definitely look to draft defensively here. Whether that will be Roquan or someone else such as Vita or Denzel, the guys I have going with the next two pick's would be good fit's in Oakland as well.

11. Miami Dolphins

They Select: DL Vita Vea, Washington

Previous selection: Tremaine Edmunds LB, Virginia Tech

Going back to what I said in my first mock draft the departure of the big bank and big size defender Ndamukong Suh should be replaced by someone identical to a rookie size price. Vita is someone who can shred double teams and wreak havoc, which is exactly what Miami's Defensive front will need. Miami could pursue a QB with this pick, but the better bet will be to go after someone like Mason Rudolph in the second round so Vita would be the safer pick here.

The Dolphins will most likely select either an LB or DT here unless one of the top 4 QB's is to fall to pick 11.

12. Indianapolis Colts (Via Projected trade with Cleveland)

They Select: CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State

Previous Selection: Mason Rudolph QB, OklahomaState

In this Mock Draft, I had Cleveland acquiring the 12th pick then trading it to Indianapolis after trading up. With this pick, I think the Colt's will go with the best available which is debatably Denzel Ward who has good size and speed and is almost your ideal Corner Back. The Colt's are short at the CB position and it has been a few years since they have had a consistent CB, therefore, Denzel Ward would be an instant upgrade.

The Colt's could look to draft an offensive line or Linebacker as well and Defensive End is high in priorities also.

13. Washington Redskins

They Select: DL Da'Ron Payne, Alabama

Previous selection: Vita Vea DT, Washington

I believe the Redskin's are highly likely to select Da'Ron Payne who has both size and quickness with the mechanics of a starter. I think Payne is someone who can play both the outside and the inside. He's almost like a brick wall. Good luck stopping him. He would be the final piece of the Defensive line in Washington and pairing him with former Teammate Johnathon Allen would be fun to see.

I think the Redskin's will definitely weigh their option's here. It wouldn't hurt to draft a Defensive back here but Completing the Defensive line isn't a bad decision either.

14. Green Bay Packers

They Select: CB Josh Jackson, Iowa

Previous Selection: Denzel Ward DB, Ohio State

In Mock Draft 2.0, I had the Packers selecting Denzel Ward, but I don't think he will make it to pick 14, so why not draft potentially the next best CB in the running, Josh Jackson, who is very Athletic and has good size. His film makes him look like a ball hawk and one that could go early in this draft, but he didn't have the best combine performance. It didn't help his stock, but he has been getting a lot of buzz lately, and he still has a lot of talent in my opinion.

The Packers could go a couple of other ways here including, drafting a DE or LB, but I think this could be their best choice here.

15. Arizona Cardinals

They Select: WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama

Previous Selection: same

As I said in my last mock draft, there are a couple different ways the Cardinals can go here, but It's hard to think they wouldn't draft a WR as good as Ridley who could be a total playmaker. I think he will continue to have a bunch of RAC yards in the NFL. With Larry Fitzgerald approaching his final years, Calvin Ridley can help immediately make those final years good ones.

16. Baltimore Ravens

They Select: TE Hayden Hurst, South Carolina

Previous Selection: Same

Going Back to my Mock Draft 2.0 I said "The Baltimore Ravens have struggled to find stability at the tight end position. Although Hurst is an older prospect, he has shown he can be both effective in the running and pass game." He is definitely someone the Ravens can use. Joe Flacco needs more weapons around him, and the Raven's have tried to fix their offense this offseason. I think they will continue to do so early in the draft.

17. Los Angeles Chargers

They Select: S Derwin James, Florida State

Previous Selection Orlando Brown OT, Oklahoma

Though I think the Chargers will be more interested in completing their offensive line here, I think if Derwin James is still available, it will be hard for the chargers not to draft him. He would most likely if healthy be the best safety they have had on the team since Eric Weddle. There is a very large amount of talent here, therefore, it's hard to say that the Chargers wouldn't want him in their secondary. He can play both safety and Cornerback. Oh, and did I mention as a freshman in college Derwin could already bench 405.

18. Indianapolis Colts ( Via projected trade with Seattle)

They Select: EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA

Previous Selection: Same

In my Mock Draft 2.0, I had the Seahawk's Selecting Marcus Davenport with pick 18 but in this mock draft, I have the Colt's Trading up to fill holes and select Marcus Davenport with this pick. I think Marcus Davenport would be a great addition if still available. His size and speed provide a lot of potential. Even though the Colt's don't land Bradley Chubb, drafting Davenport is still a great addition, and worth trading back up to get to go along with Denzel Ward.

19. Dallas CowboysThey select: WR DJ Moore, Maryland

Previous Selection: Cortland Sutton WR, SMU

Previously I had the Cowboys Selecting Cortland Sutton WR out of SMU, but recent analysis has brought me to believe that Dj Moore may draw more interest. One NFL expert even said that he thinks Moore is the Best WR in the Draft, but I think that is still Ridley. That is why I have Ridley going at pick 15 and Moore here, I think Moore has a lot of talent but didn't receive as much of the spotlight mostly due to the fact that Ridley played at Alabama and Moore played at Maryland.

20. Detroit Lions

They Select: EDGE Harold Landry, Boston College
Previous Selection: James Daniels OL, Iowa

Harold Landry has continued to rise and I think we need a new head coach who is big on defense. The Lion's could look into drafting a guy like Harold Landry who has a good build and could really help solidify the pass rush in Detroit. James Daniels is still someone to really consider right here especially with all the money the Lions have invested in Mathew Stafford.

I think they could still use this pick to improve their offensive line or look at an RB or TE.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (from Buffalo)

They Select: OL James Daniels, Iowa

Previous Selection: Will Hernadez OL, UTEP

James Daniels seems to be the best pick here too unless he is picked earlier. He has shown that he can play center or guard and has a pretty good knowledge of what to do in different schemes. He is someone that should be solid in the run and pass game. The Bengals need this upgrade to their line

22. Cleveland Browns (Via Projected trade with Buffalo)

They Select: OT Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

Previous Selection: Derrius Guice RB, LSU

After Joe Thomas retired there became a dire need at the tackle position and after my projected trade with Buffalo, Cleveland is able to Land a big 6'8 Tackle who protected the Reigning Heisman trophy winner.

23. New England Patriots (from LA Rams)

They Select: QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville

Previous Selection: Same

The long Awaited selection, the Patriots decide to go ahead and draft their QB of the future. He has received praise from several members of the Patriots organization and even the Current Hall of Fame QB and Reigning MVP Tom Brady. Brady isn't getting any younger even though he tends to play like that. At some point the Patriots will have to find a replacement, and why not Jackson the Heisman Trophy winner from two seasons ago? He has a lot of skill, and the Patriots are very good at making schemes that fit the QB.

24. Carolina Panthers

They select: DB Mike Hughes, UCF

Previous Selection: Same

Not the biggest CB in the draft, but definitely one with athleticism and physicality that the Cowboys could use in their secondary. Hughes was one hell of a performer on Central Florida's squad who some would call National champions. The Carolina Panthers could easily go offensive line here, but with a major need at cornerback, it will be impossible not to pick Mike Hughes if still available. The Panthers only have one starting cornerback on the team currently, therefore, this a big hole that needs to be filled, and Hughes should have no problem with the transition and could even be the best Cornerback they've had on the team since Josh Norman left.

25.Tennessee Titans

They Select: LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State

Previous Selection: Harold Landry DE, Boston College

Going back to my very first Mock draft I think after the loss of LB Avery Williamson, the Titans need to address the position, and I don't think there is a better replacement than Vander Esch who's playing style is very similar to that of Avery Willamson. Vander Esch may be even quicker and showed his ability to tear apart offenses while in college. He can easily move from sideline to sideline, therefore, it would be no surprise if the Titans find their replacement in Vander Esch. A lot of experts think that Vander Esch could even go earlier and has shown some comparisons to All-pro LB Luke Kechley.

26. Atlanta Falcons

They Select: DT Taven Bryan, Florida

As I said in my previous mock drafts the Atlanta Falcons Defensive lines production went down even with the signing of Dontari Poe last season. Now he is gone and there is a major need at DT for The Falcons. Sam Hubbard has made a last-second case to be drafted in the 1st round especially with Da'Ron Payne being projected to go earlier. Obviously, this is a need that must be taken care of and belief is that if Payne is off the board the Falcons will go with Maurice Hurst or Sam Hubbard here.

27. New Orleans Saints

They Select: TE Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State

Previous Selection: Same

I'm going to stick with my first two mock drafts here, and the reason I went with the same pick is that Drew Brees would finally get a Tight End that is almost as solid as Jimmy Graham was before leaving New Orleans. This would help Brees and the Saints, especially with the talent the Saints have. Between Kamara and Thomas, this would definitely help the offense that already has a solid run game solidify its passing game. Goedert is 6'5 and 260 pounds his size and athleticism equal a nightmare for defenses, so why wouldn't the saints draft him?

28. Pittsburgh Steelers

They Select: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama

Previous Selection: Same

I'm going with the same pick here because the Steelers are going to have a real need at the linebacker position with the loss of Ryan Shazier. Rashaan Evans is one of the best in the draft he would be perfect if he is to fall to pick 28. The Steelers could also look to draft a Safety or even a running back at this pick with the uncertainty of Lev'on Bell's Future with the team.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars

They select: WR Cortland Sutton, SMU

Previous Selection: Deion Cain WR, Clemson

A lot of experts believe the Jaguars will aim to draft a WR. With this pick, I think Cortland Sutton will be great here if still available. His size and physicality is something the Jaguars can use, and not to mention Jerry Rice say's He endorses the receiver so, I don't think the Jaguars can go wrong with drafting Sutton Here.

I Also think the Jaguars will look at the lineman and linebackers available here, and a potential replacement for TE Mercedes Lewis who's age is starting to show.

30. Minnesota Vikings

The Select: OG Will Hernadez, UTEP

Previous Selection: Isaiah Wynn OG, Georgia

Going back to my first Mock Draft, the Vikings were a team that performed very well in the run game and had an early front-runner in Rookie of the year before an injury in Dalvin Cook and the still have Latavious Murray on a cheap deal, therefore why not help make that run game even stronger by bringing in a rock solid guard in Will Hernandez. Hernadez could definitely help in protecting the new highest paid QB, Kirk Cousins. There also hasn't been that many teams to win a super bowl without a solid offensive line.

31. New England Patriots

They Select: OT Kolton Miller, UCLA
Previous Selection: same

Again after letting Nate Solder getaway, there is definitely a dire need for someone to protect Tom Brady's Blindside. Who better than Kolton Miller who is almost 6'9 and helped protect one of the best Quarterbacks in this draft for the last three years? Miller has been pretty consistent and is a great pass protector. I think he is by far the best choice for the 5 time super bowl champion team. He has always been known to have a good offensive line. I think without a doubt the Patriots will draft Kolton Miller or another OT, the only question is what pick specifically will they make this selection.

32. Philadelphia Eagles

They Select: TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State

Previous Selection: Leighton Vander Esc LB, Boise State

The Eagles lost two TE's after winning the super bowl including longtime Eagle, Brent Celek, i think it would't be hard for the eagles to draft a TE here considering the amount of talent there is at the position and especially since the eagles use two TE's in most of their formation's

Round 2

33. Cleveland Browns

They Select: CB Jaire Alexander Louisville

34. New York Giants

They Select: OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia

35. Indianapolis Colts (via Projected trade with Cleveland)

They Select: OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

36. Seattle Seahawks ( Via projected trade with Indianapolis)

They Select: DL Maurice Hurst, Michigan

37. Indianapolis Colts ( from New York Jets)

They Select: RB Ronald Jones ll, USC

38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

They Select: RB Derrius Guice, LSU

39. Chicago Bears

They select: CB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado

40. Denver Broncos

They Select: DE Sam Hubbard, Ohio St

41. Oakland Raiders

They select: S Justin Reid, Stanford

42. Miami Dolphins

They Select: QB Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St

43. New England Patriots ( From San Francisco)

They Select: LB Malik Jefferson, Texas

44. Washington Redskins

They Select: S Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

45. Green Bay Packers

They Select: WR Christain Kirk, Texas A&M

46. Cincinnati Bengals

They Select: TE Ian Thomas, Indiana

47. Arizona Cardinals

They Select: QB Kyle Lauletta, Richmond

48. Los Angeles Chargers

They Select: OT Connor Williams, Texas

49. Seattle Seahawks ( Via projected trade with Indianapolis)

They Select: CB Carlton Davis, Auburn

50. Dallas Cowboys

They Select: LB Darius Leonard, South Carolina St

51. Detroit Lions

They Select: TE Mark Andrews, Oklahoma

52. Baltimore Ravens

They select: OT Jamarco Jones, Ohio St

53. Buffalo Bills

They Select: OL Billy Price, Ohio St

54. Kansas City Cheifs

They Select: CB Anthony Averrett, Alabama

56. Buffalo Bills ( from Los Angeles Rams)

They Select: WR DJ chark, LSU

57. Tennessee Titans

They Select: DT Tim Settle, Virginia Tech

58. Atlanta Falcons

They Select: WR Deion Cain, Clemson

59. San Francisco 49ers (from New Orleans)

They Select:CB Donte Jackson, LSU

60. Pittsburgh Steelers

They Select: S Marcus Allen, Penn St

61. Jacksonville Jaguars

They Select: LB Fred Warner, BYU

62. Minnesota Vikings

They Select: OL Brian O'Neil

63. New England Patriots

They Select: TE Dalton Schultz, Stanford

64. Buffalo Bills ( via Projected trade with Cleveland)

They Select: OL Martinas Rankin, Mississppi St

Round 3

65.Buffalo Bills ( from Cleveland)

They Select: LB Arden Key, LSU

66. New York Giants

They Select: WR James Washington, Oklahoma St

67. Seattle Seahawks (via projected trade with Indianapolis)

They Select: RB Sony Michel, Georgia

68. Houston Texans

They Select: RB Nick Chubb, Georgia

69.New York Giants (from Tampa Bay)

They Select: DE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

70. San Francisco 49ers (From Chicago)

They select: S Kyzir White, West Virginia

71.Denver Broncos

They Select: DE Josh Sweat, Florida St

72. New York Jets

They Select: LB Uchenna Nwosu

73.Miami Dolphins

They Select:DB Jerome Baker, Ohio St

74. San Francisco 49ers

They Select: OT Chuckwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan

75. Oakland Raiders

They select: Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama

76. Greenbay Packers

They Select: LB Josey Jewell, Iowa

77. Cincinnati Bengals

They select: CB Quenton Meeks, Stanford

78. Kansas City Chiefs (From Washington)

They Select: DT Harrison Philips, Stanford

79. Arizona Cardinals

They Select: OL Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

80. Houston Texans (from Seattle)

They Select: CB Mj Stewart, North Carolina

81.Dallas Cowboys

They Select: DT Rasheem Green, USC

82.Detroit Lions

They Select: RB Rashaad Penny, San Diego St.

83. Baltimore Ravens

They select: QB Mike White, WKU

84. Los Angeles Chargers

They select: QB Luke Falk, Washington St.

85. Carolina Panthers (From Buffalo)

They Select: S Jessie Bates lll, Wake Forrest

86. Kansas City Chiefs

They Select: LB/DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma

87. Los Angeles Rams

They Select: RB Kerryon Jhonson, Auburn

88. Carolina Panthers

They Select: RB RoyceFreeman, Oregon

89. Tennessee Titans

They Select: OG Austin Corbett, Nevada

90.Atlanta falcons

They select: TE Durham Smythe, Notre Dame

91. New Orleans Saints

They Select: DT BJ Hill, N.C. State

92. Pittsburgh Steelers

They Select: WR Dante Pettis, Washington

93. Jacksonville Jaguars

They Selesct: DB Duke Dawson, Florida

94. Minnesota Vikings

They Select: WR Anthony Miller, Memphis

95. New England Patriots

They Select: RB Kevin Ballage, Arizona st.

96. Buffalo Bills ( From Philadelphia)

They Select: DB Isaac Yiadom, Boston College

97. Arizona Cardinals (Compensatory)

They Select: S Armani Watts, Texas A&M

98. Houston Texans (Compensatory)

They Select: OG Wyatt Teller, Virginia Tech

99.Denver Broncos (Compensatory)

They Select: WR Michael Gallup, Colorado St.

100. Cincinatti Bengals (Compensatory)

They Select: WR Equanimeous St. Brown, Notre Dame