James 2:26

James 2:26

God closes doors for a reason. We need to stop running to open them

9
James 2:26
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/19/6364404394818329471877235973_love%20does4.jpg

Review of “Love Does” Part 3

Chapter nine is most likely my favorite. I think that it is hilarious. I myself enjoy practical jokes. I find them amusing. This chapter I found very amusing because he is pranking his best friend in the best way possible. Bob and his wife decided to prank his best friend Doug the night of his anniversary. He and his wife, Maria, check into Doug’s hotel on the night of their anniversary and order room service. When it is time for his friend to check in they have already left, and they ran up the room service bill to $400!

Doug vowed to get Bob back, so Bob wasn’t surprised when he received a call from a man claiming to be the “Prime Minister from Uganda”. Bob throughout the call promised to say yes to all of the questions. Bob still thinking it was a joke agreed to be the consul to the “Prime Minister of Uganda”. Turns out it wasn’t a prank! He was really called to be the consul for the Prime Minister.

We walk through life blindly. Often times we are pulled in a direction that we do not want to go in. We are constantly saying, “No, I don’t want to go that way." God is pulling us that way, though. There is a reason he pulls us in different directions. He wants us to do what he wishes. We need to say, “Yes,” and go the direction God wants. Often times what we want isn’t what God wants for us. That is why we have to walk blindly in faith with him in order to reach an extended level of servitude and blessings.

When God pulls us he is testing our faith and what we do when he tells us to bless others so we will be blessed. James 2:26 tells us this:

"As the body without the spirit is dead, faith with out deeds is dead" (James 2:26 NIV).

When we live a life in service to God we are showing that our faith is alive. With his blessings he continues to show and hint at what rewards we will reap. Bob blindly followed his own rule and was moved into a place of amazing service for another country. With Bob as the consul to Uganda he was able to make a wonderful and fantastic chance for people.

God closes doors for a reason. We need to stop running to open them.