It's Totally Okay To Start Thinking About Christmas In November

It's the Greatest time of year... of course, I'm excited.
31

Halloween is over, November is here and for a lot of people that means... IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME! I am one of those people. I wait all year for it. I plan out the perfect gifts as well as other traditions that my family and I do every year.

Christmas is an event to me. It's the one of greatest holidays as far as I'm concerned. Not because I get things from people, but because I get to give. Because I get to gather with my family and remember why I'm grateful for them. I love the movies and the music. It's the greatest time of year.

For me usually as soon as Thanksgiving is over, Christmas is here. For others, as soon as Halloween is over, Christmas has entered the building. This is mainly because this wonderful holiday has been turned into a completely commercially driven mess.

As soon as stores are done making money off of Halloween they are ready to make money off of Christmas. It's sad and takes away from the actual meaning of the holiday. For the people who don't like the sudden shift in holiday spirit I completely understand.

To you, it might seem like we are all just buying into another marketing scheme set up by big-name companies to make money and fill their own pockets.

Especially if you don't have a religious connection to the holiday. But I am here to defend the few of us who are genuinely excited about Christmas beginning and not because of the money and gifts we might receive but because of the emotions and the memories attached to it.

For me, Christmas is more than just a holiday, there is a feeling that comes around this time of year. People are happier and more joyous. I understand that it can be a hard time because they have lost loved ones or not had good experiences in the past. My heart goes out those anyone like that because I wish I could give them the gift of the feeling that Christmas gives.

That's why I'm always so eager for it start. I countdown until the appropriate time to sing the songs and start to buy gifts for my family. I plan out what to cook for breakfast that morning and the cookies I'll bake for my mom on Christmas. When the day is over, I start to think about what I'll do the next year.

For me, the anticipation is the reason that as soon as Thanksgiving dinner as concluded, jingle bells start ringing in my head. You may think I'm annoying or a slave to consumerism but I'm simply someone who loves Christmas and isn't going to apologize for her excitement.