@Everybody, It's Time To Throw Out Your Pacifier And Address Things As Adults

Trigger warning: those offended easily, beware.
282

Alright, let’s all come walk onto this common ground and agree that everyone has turned into babies. Yes, babies. No one can take a joke, have a conversation, or even watch TV anymore without having a fit on how they are offended. Who knows, you might not even be able to read this because it will offend you too much.

People get offended so easily nowadays that you really can’t say anything unless you’re willing to put up with someone complaining about how “badly” you’ve offended them. Like OK, Linda, here’s your pacifier.

Let’s also get this whole “liberal vs. conservative” thing out of the way as well. Whether you want to admit it or not, they are both easily offended. Yes, I said it; doesn’t matter if you’re a liberal or a conservative, someone makes a comment and you begin to pout like there’s no tomorrow.

I don’t understand how we’ve become a society that gets offended over the smallest things. I could talk about a burger, I ate and a person across the room will get offended by it. I ate my burger, why should it bother you?

Rarely do you hear people talk out their differences or debate a subject with facts.

Yeah, I said facts — as in "not things you pull out of the place where the sun don’t shine and claim to be true."

If we teach new generations to begin to address differences rather than hide behind a screaming contest, maybe we could get somewhere. Oh, and yes, I said address differences. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “You want me to talk about uncomfortable subjects? To other people?” Uh, yes. Yes, I do actually.

If we talk about things, the uncomfortable becomes something we can work on to become more comfortable. As in we work on the issue rather than come at each other with torches.

Now go ahead, bash me in the comment section. Just make sure you don’t type so much that your fingers get sore and don’t forget your pacifier. (Was that too much? Are you bothered yet?)

Or you can always throw it out, act like an adult, and start to make a change instead of complaining about it. Crazy concept, I know. Though it would be nice to watch t.v. without someone getting offended by a joke or that they didn't have enough characters of a certain race. (*Pushes button*)