It's Really Ok To Let That Person Go

It's Really Ok To Let That Person Go

A toxic person doesn't deserve a place in your heart, no matter how great the past with them may have been.

107
It's Really Ok To Let That Person Go
unsplash.com

Losing someone is never easy. Whether it be a tragedy, the fading of a friendship, or the end to a significant other, the emotions in you have built up over time, making that goodbye feel like it will be a continuous, prominent hole in your heart. Our hearts try to push forward all of the good, all of the memories, to cover up the aching from under. Our hearts and our minds become distant, making it hard to know when it really is best to let go.

We've all been there. We've made friendships last from the first days of kindergarten to graduation. We've met someone who moves from being our best friend, to our significant other. We've seen friends go across seas, but never lose touch. We've created bonds with people through various organizations that we would have never pictured being friends with years before.

As time goes on, we change. As an individual, you become someone who you could have only dreamed about as a child. You learn new things about yourself, your aspirations, your loves and your hates, your times of happiness and your times of sadness. Season after season passes, and your world transforms.

As time goes on, we change. And sometimes, the people in our lives do too.

And I promise you, it's going to be okay.

From someone who's been there. From someone who's seen best friends leave, and new ones come in time of need. From someone who thought she had met the one, and was heartbreakingly wrong. From someone who has seen an old friend transform into a stranger in a matter of days. From someone who thought that in the moment, each loss was the worst it could ever get.

The funny thing about time, is that it not only causes change, but it bring healing as well. It brings another person in the sea of 7 billion to your side when you thought all was lost. It lets you let a new person in close, when you were convinced that you'd never be able to trust again. It allows you to make new friendships with someone, who by chance, happened to stumble into your life for a reason.

A lot of times, we don't realize that someone in our life truly is toxic. We are so convinced that the few, distant good times over power the bad, that we sacrifice our well being to fight for them to stay.

And you know what? You're worth so much more than a one sided fight.

You're worth more than being let down by the same friend time and time again.

You deserve a significant other who will put you first, and never make you feel like a burden.

Your worth is not defined by the people who don't value you the way they should.

Look at the loved ones who surround you that make you feel like you matter. Realize that you're holding onto someone who in reality, is just an old comfort and nothing more. It takes days, sometimes months of frustration to build up to realize that you're keeping someone in who doesn't deserve it.

Trust me, we've all been there- sometimes more than once. For each, it's a series of denials that this one really isn't the same as the last. It's okay that it's an infuriating process to come to the realization they aren't worth your time.

And one day, soon enough, you'll be set free, and the happiness you used to feel will come back in full swing. Your heart and your mind will click, and your eyes will be opened to the life and the people who are by your side, and truly deserve to be there.