It's On Us: VP Joe and Adam Edition

It's On Us: VP Joe and Adam Edition

New Comedy Duo Stands Up for a Serious Issue

22
It's On Us: VP Joe and Adam Edition
glaad

This election don't you wish you could jut vote Joe Biden and Adam DeVine just purely based on this video. I know that I do!! Joe and Adam are the comedy duo we never realized we needed, until it happened. Joe cameo in Pitch Perfect 3 anyone?

Last week Vice President Biden and comedian/actor Adam DeVine teamed up to bring attention to the 'It's On Us' movement to stop sexual assault on college campuses nation wide. While this is a serious issue, they were able to present it in a relaxed and comical way to hook young viewers. I think it did the trick. Everyone on my Facebook feed was sharing the video over and over again with the same reaction, 'we need more Joe and Adam' in our lives and I certainly agreed.

It's On Us is a social movement with the purpose of stopping the occurrence of sexual assault on college campuses and bring awareness to the issue nationwide. As a young college female I stand firmly with this movement and admire Adam and Joe for bringing young people's attention to the issue through good ole fashioned comedy. The video opens with a government official debriefing Adam on a top secret mission with a top secret partner, the Vice President Joe Biden. The video turns Twenty One Jump Street esque as their mission is to infiltrate the party and stop sexual assault while also informing the party goers about the issue. Their cover is blown.... I wonder why?!? and the Vice President ultimately explains to them that

Girls in college are afraid of walking across campus alone, or attending social events alone for the fear of being attacked and then sexually assaulted. Young women shouldn't have to live in fear of this occurring to them. Colleges across the nation need to recognize the issue and take small actions like this to educate young people on being smarter when it comes to issues like this. The Vice President tells the group in the video that 1 in 5 women and 1 in 16 men are sexually assaulted at some point during college. That is a truly staggering statistic to think about and I think Adam's reaction in the video can nicely sum up the reactions of people watching this video.

I like the ending of the video for it's call to action. The Vice President explains that anyone can help educate on, prevent and stop sexual assault from occuring you just need to know the facts and be prepared. It is on all of us, college students and others, to be smart and watch out for our friends on campus to prevent this from happening to more innocent people.

Like I said eariler this may be a hard topic to discuss, however Joe and Adam hit it right on the head. They made it entertaining while also presenting viewers the fact. Anyone else thinking Joe and Adam 2016?!? #itsonus