It's OK To Not Have A Best Friend

It's OK To Not Have A Best Friend

And Have Great Friends Instead

81
It's OK To Not Have A Best Friend
Taylor Keel

Some of us, don't have a specified "BFF" or best friend per say and I am proud to be one of those people. I've never been somebody to have just one friend to depend on for everything. It's always been my "friend group" and I'm perfectly okay with that. I'm sure it's great with one person to make all of your memories with, but the more the merrier, right? That's the way it's always been with me. My way through this life, new friends and old.

It's alright to not have a set best friend — don't feel insecure, don't feel ashamed — feel empowered, feel like you're on top of the world with your three great friends. It is easy to feel embarrassed sometimes that you don't have any single person to post pictures with or to go on adventures with, and that's fine. One day you'll have to realize if a singular best friend is good all on your own. You're going to find some cool people one day. I'm just speaking for myself here. But, they are going to be great friends, maybe not just one person being your "best friend." You will have a few, and feel perfectly content and happy with that. It doesn't matter if you're an introvert or extrovert, have a friend group one day. It will be the best thing in the world to happen to you. The group texts, the inside jokes and the shared love. Sometimes three can be a crowd, but the more the merrier. You get lucky sometimes finding somebody just like yourself, but what about two others? If this happens you are definitely blessed.

One of my favorite pros is you'll never be lonely. No matter what you do or where you will go. It will not phase you at all. The next part is people may leave, and that's okay. I guess. But think of the great memories you made just being Jim, Dwight, and Pam or Peyton, Haley and Brooke. No matter what your destiny with you and your friends turns out to be. Be yourself, be unapologetic. Be selfless but self-loved. Be wacky but wise. That's how you're going to find your best friends, by being just yourself. You! The person you and others were created to be. When you find others like you, be thankful because most people won't be able to.

Lastly, thank you to my great friends, for letting me jump off this cliff called life, for showing me the amazing beauty despite wickedness in the world. For being your perfect selves. Thank you for the sweet memories. I met some of you all at a camp I was not excited for and didn't know anyone so thank you for welcoming me with open arms. I will love you people more than words can ever describe. I am internally and forever thankful for having you in my life.

Love,

Keelin It.