Why It's Important To Explore

Why It's Important To Explore

Go see the world. Go make some memories.
298

All that land around you? Yeah, God made that. And what are you doing? Sitting inside on your “smart” phone (more like dumb phone), am I right? What a sad life. There are so many incredibly beautiful things around you and you aren’t even showing any appreciation for it. What a waste. If you don’t get out there and see what the world has to offer, I really don’t see how you’re doing anything worthwhile with your life. Sorry.

I come from a suburban area. I know what it’s like not having any gorgeous natural creations around you. Don’t get me wrong, some of us love the outdoors. But in urban areas, it isn’t so typical to spend every other day exploring national forests and gigantic mountains. I’m so glad that I’m able to attend school in the Rocky Mountain region. Being exposed to so many places to go adventure has only emphasized that it is beyond pointless to spend a day inside when there is so much you could rather be doing outside.

By going on adventures, you’re testing your limits if you even have them. If not, you’ll definitely be creating one. Over the past few months, I’ve learned that as long as you mentally believe that something is possible, it probably is. It is scientifically proven that doing things outside, even as little as hiking, are capable of boosting your health. And what a better way to do that than by spending time outside within a mountain that is greater than you’ll ever be.

Adventuring makes you more aware of what’s around you. Going climbing, like actual rock climbing, has probably been one of the scariest things of my life so far, but it was also one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. The great outdoors has so much to offer. I encourage everyone to find the closest thing to a boulder and freaking climb that thing; it’ll be fun. I promise. I don’t want to someday die and say that I only saw a minuscule fraction of the world, do you?

This world is awesome. Adventure is out there.