I Am A College Student And I Fear "Time"

Although I Wish I Could, Time Was Never Meant To Be Stopped.
2

One day you're a little girl, jumping off swinging and climbing up trees, and the next thing you know, you're twenty-one and unsure of everything. Oh, how quickly time goes by, It happens as quickly as the blink of an eye.

I've had many conversations lately about TIME. Many of the conversations have been centered around the concept of going back in time. Going back to a place in life where there was peace and rest. Where time seemed to slip by so slowly that you couldn't stand it. But, it's not possible. Time continues to pass by and as time passes by, change occurs and change is terrifying. Time and Change are like two peas in a pod, you can't experience one without the other.

I am a college student almost done with her Junior year and I fear TIME. I fear the passing of each day, as the passing of each day brings about more uncertainty. And I know I am not the only one feeling this way. Many of my friends and peers are fearful of TIME. Because as time passes, things become more real and reality finally catch up with us. When we look Time in the face, it becomes blatant that we graduate in a year. In a year we will be placed into the "real" world and I will be honest in saying, I am terrified. Yes, we should never fear tomorrow because today has enough worries of its own, but we can't just ignore it either. It's time to realize that in a year we will be graduating from college and entering into a world that is full of uncertainty. But don't loose heart. It may be terrifying and we may wish to stop time, but Time was never meant to be stopped. Time passes because change and growth is apart of life.The passing of time occurs because it's all apart of His plan. Yes, God wishes for time to pass because the passing of time brings you one step closer to His magnificent plan for your life.

So, join me. Join me as I embrace TIME and all the change that comes with it. It's okay to still be fearful of the future and the changing of times, but don't let it consume your life. We have one more year. One more year before we enter into a world of unknowns. But for now embrace the present and let time pass, and find comfort in the fact that God is the time-keeper. Yes, you will still have days when you wish you could go back in time, but don't forget, the present is before you and your future is bright.

I am a junior in college and I am fearful of Time, but I have begun to embrace it. Because as the ticking away of minutes occurs, change does to and this change allows a wonderful thing to happen. The ticking away of the minutes brings growth and growth is good.