Can Your Vape Pen Kill You?

Can Your Vape Pen Kill You?

Inching towards a cancer or a sudden death?

26

Do you vape? People who believe a vape pen is a healthier option than a normal cigarette need to look into the adverse effects of vaping again. While vaping or smoking e-cigarettes has become a part of new cool lifestyle, a man got killed in Florida due to an explosion of a vape pen manufactured by a Philippines based company.

This cliché topic has one more minus now which can give you a good reason to quit vaping. The guy's name was Christopher D'Elia, and he was found dead in the middle of his burning bedroom. Post-mortem report says, he was killed by the projection wound of the exploded e-cigarette. Two of the fragments were found from his skull.

The fog has not been entirely clear why the explosion happened and is not mentioned in the post-mortem report. That guy was using a vape pen manufactured by Smoke-E-Mountain company and the product is famous as mechanical mod. The main shortcoming in this e-cigarette is it directly draws power from the lithium battery without any regulators.

The company representative blamed the vape pen's battery while speaking to the ABC news. They also have said that the battery might have been down to the mouthpiece. Also, American Vaping Association has told the New York Times that other e-cigarettes have more safety features in it than the mechanical mod of Smoke-E-Mountain. And the safety features can be facilitated by introducing computer chips which regulate the battery power.

Well, lithium-ion batteries tend to explode in whichever devices it is being used. In vape pens, the danger is critical as the aerosol formation happens in tiny airborne at a 350-450F temperature which is a more favorable condition for an explosion just in front of your mouth.

Looking at the stats of accidents happened during vaping, this is the first death recorded by an explosion of a vape pen. This vape pen has been in the market for around only 10 years now and we do not entirely know in how many other ways it can kill you. As US fire administration records, between 2009-2016, there were 195 incidents of explosions occurred which involves e-cigarettes, resulting in 133 exquisite injuries, and 38 among them were severe.

A large group of doctors in the US says vaping has become a major health issue among teenagers. Bearing more risk to look cool and including vaping in your lifestyle is definitely not what you should do. Does it really matter if you do not vape just to look cool in front of your peers?

Far worse than normal cigarettes, vaping has turned out to be a first big leap towards cancer. 195 incidents of explosions have already occurred and the stats will keep growing. Students, QUIT vaping. It kills. One way or the other.