Is There A One True Love For Each Of Us?

An in-depth look at finding out if there exists a one true love for everyone.

369
Facebook

This one is a little out of my usual content range, so bear with me if this one is a bit all over the place.

So the question of the day is pretty simple, is there such thing as a one true love, a.k.a "the one?"

Well...technically yes.

And actually no.

And actually yes.

Are you confused yet?

Love is a complicated thing, so it makes sense that the answer to this question wouldn't be simple. I'm going to break this down by each of the answers I gave before.

First off, the technically yes:

For some people, probably most of y'all who are reading this, the answer is yes. Why? Because if you are Christians, then Jesus Christ is the one true love.

The reason why I say that this is technically yes is because most people ask this question in relation to finding their spouse. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the sentiment that Christ is our one true love, but most of y'all who clicked on this article probably want a better answer. Well, I am to please, so let's go to the second answer.

Second off, the actually no:

For anyone who isn't in their first relationship, you probably realize that, despite being in love, it didn't work out. You thought you had met the one, and then realized that they weren't the one, either before you broke up with them or they broke up with you. So if there is only one true love, how can you think someone is the one and then have them turn out not to be?

That's because it is possible to fall completely in love with someone and it does not work out. Just about every relationship, personal, professional, or other, will have struggles and compromises, but the ones worth having can be worked out. Basically, we can have imperfect relationships and still be happy with our lives, which means we can have the life we want without the one.

Finding "the one" isn't something we need to be happy. In fact, over pursuing the one can lead to you never finding happiness because you miss out on what might be.

I'm not saying date for the sake of experience, but dating is important to find out who we are and what we want in a relationship. Dating is how we find out if a relationship will work out, but, as anyone who didn't end up with the first person they dated will tell you, sometimes we don't date the one.

To summarize the last four paragraphs, we can date different people who feel like the one, but not end up with them. We can be completely happy with someone, and still not have a perfect life or a perfect relationship. We shouldn't settle for just anyone, but we also shouldn't be so focused on perfection that we never try to cultivate relationships to are beautiful.

But there is a reason for the third one, being actually yes is last.

The fact of the matter is, there is someone out there who is the perfect match for us all. Back to religion for this one, but God, or Yahweh, or Allah, depending on which of the monotheistic religion you prefer (if applicable) created Eve to join Adam as a couple. They were about as close to literally being "a match made in Heaven" as possible.

If the first humans were a perfect match, then logically follows that the decedents would have their own perfect match, since we were all made in God's image.

For those of you who don't believe in any of the aforementioned religions, I've got something for you too.

If you have ever had a best friend (if you haven't then I'm sorry, but hey it's something you should try), then you know that the reason y'all tend to be so close is because you have so much more in common then you do with other people. Y'all are best friends because you fit together so well. If y'all didn't match up so well together, you wouldn't be best friends; you might not even be friends.

This same concept applies to finding your perfect match. It's why you hear people say that they married their best friend. The dynamics are similar in the sense that your best friend and your best partner are both people who complete you as a person.

Sometimes, it just works out that your best friend and your significant other are the same person. That's what creates the perfect match and makes them "the one."

The things is, they don't have to be the same person. That's the reason why there are three answers to the question as to whether or not there is a "one true love."

If you have a best friend and a significant other, then you have two people who make up the one true love because they both complete you, and you probably complete them. If your best friend is your significant other, then you've got the perfect match who fulfills both roles, which means you have a one true love. For any person of any faith, both of the aforementioned scenarios should bring you closer to your faith and realize that love within said faith to complete it all.

Regardless of how you feel about how you feel about what I've said in this article, and I know I've said a lot, I hope you can leave with this point: love is out there. Whether you find the perfect match, you find a best friend and a special someone, or you find religion, there is love in all three.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web