Is The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved?

Is The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved?

Why scientists believe clouds may be to blame.

What place in the world is so massive in size and takes up more than half a million square miles in the ocean? The answer: the Bermuda Triangle.

The Bermuda Triangle has countless stories and conspiracies. It is believed that many ships and airplanes that have passed through the Bermuda Triangle have disappeared. This has been a big mystery for quite some time. However, scientists believe that the truth behind the Bermuda Triangle has been solved or has at least reached a breakthrough.

In a recent Science Channel documentary, meteorologists have claimed that strange clouds within that area could be the reason behind dozens of disappearances over the years.

The clouds are shaped like hexagons and span to lengths of 20 to 25 miles. The clouds have caused powerful localized winds which are supposedly causing these unexplainable incidents. The sea-level winds have reached 100mph while the waves topped 45 feet.

Dr. Randy Cerveny of Arizona State University had commented, “These types of hexagonal shapes over the ocean are in the essence, ‘air bombs.’ They’re formed by what are called microbursts. They’re blasts of air that come down out of the bottom of the clouds and hit the ocean, and they create waves that can sometimes be massive in size once they start to interact with each other.”

While these claims have captured people’s attention, some experts were not so enthused. Meteorologists have disputed such claims as to whether or not they are true.

Kevin Corriveau said, “When I look at a hexagonal cloud shape in the Bahamas, this is not the cloud signature of what a microburst looks like. You would normally have one large to extremely large thunderstorm that wouldn’t have an opening in the middle.”

Furthermore, research suggests the reason for the unusual shaped clouds could be influenced by the small islands of the Bahamas heating the air differently compared to the Florida coastline, creating these weather patterns.

In Corriveau’s opinion, these theories just do not match up.