Taking a Closer Look at the Smartlipo Procedure

Breakthrough liposuction alternative

68

Dealing with stubborn body fat is something that many people struggle with. Even with dieting and exercise, you still can have a hard time achieving the kind of results you're after. This is exactly why so many people end up considering cosmetic procedures in order to deal with the fat once and for all. One procedure that is catching on in popularity is Smartlipo.

When first introduced in the year 2000, it was hailed as being a huge advancement in the field. Today, it has evolved and only managed to become better, with many hailing it as the "gold standard" when it comes to laser lipolysis. So, what exactly is Smartlipo and could it be right for you? Here's a beginner's guide to the procedure.

What is Smartlipo?

As stated, when it was first developed and introduced in Italy in the year 2000, it was seen as a major advancement when it came to liposuction, body sculpting and body contouring. The cosmetic procedure is FDA-approved and is only minimally invasive. It can act as a great alternative to the traditional liposuction procedure which is extremely invasive.

It aims to remove body fat through the use of laser technology. Because there aren't many cuts necessary, there are fewer side effects, and less bruising. At the same time, it offers incredibly effective results. As for the procedure itself, patients also find it is less painful and it can offer more precise results.

The way it works is that the laser actually liquefies the fat deposits found in the skin's middle layers. A tiny incision is made so that the fluid can be drained. The results are skin that is unwrinkled and smooth looking.

Patients also like the fact that general anesthesia isn't usually needed, which makes the recovery process easier and faster.

The Technology Has Continued to Evolve

Since it was first developed, the technology has continued to evolve and offer even greater results for patients. The London Medical and Aesthetic Clinic is one place where you can have Smartlipo.

Who Can Benefit from It?

The ideal candidate for Smartlipo is someone who is healthy and no more than 30 pounds over their ideal body weight. Because it focuses on specific fat deposits, it is also ideal for those who want to target certain areas such as love handles, thighs, the abdomen, or hips. That's not to say it can't be used in other areas of the body such as neck, chin, face, and breasts, but these are the most popular treatment areas.

Just one treatment is usually all that is needed, and the downtime is as little as a couple of days. Results will be evident within a week but then will continue to improve over the next few months.

If you think that Smartlipo could be the right procedure for you, then it's a good idea to schedule a consultation to discuss your areas of concerns and learn what your expectations could be.