You've heard it. The book is better than the movie. And that's not true some of the time - that's true practically all of the time.
Numerous studies have said reading is better than watching TV. And there are reasons behind that. Such as:
1. Active vs. PassiveGiphy
When you're reading, you're actively engaged in holding something physical, flipping the pages, and using your imagination since there are no moving pictures before your eyes. On the flip side, watching TV is passive, as you just sit and watch. Imagination isn't engaged in the same way because you're seeing it.
2. Stress Reliefc1.staticflickr.com
Reading books allows you to enter whole new worlds where you can think about them in an engaged way as opposed to current stresses & anxieties in everyday life.
3. Stronger Brain HealthInstagram
Reading has been proven to lead to increased brain health, especially as you age. It can slow down the effects of Alzheimer's and dementia.
4. Binge Watching = Unhealthy Food5 Reasons Fast-Food Steals Your Soul https://www.pexels.com/photo/food-dinner-lunch-unhealthy-70497/
There have been studies that binge watching leads to mindless eating, especially with unhealthy food. Binge watching is also bad for the brain when done in excess, compared to reading which is much healthier.
5. Reading Books Is Better Than Staring At Screenshttps://www.pexels.com/photo/blur-book-girl-hands-373465/
Looking at screens for too long is extremely unhealthy. Reading a physical book is less likely to do due damage to your eyes, and if you can get a good posture it's good for your body too.
- 11 Reasons Why Books Are Better Than Television And Movies ›
- 5 Reasons Why Books Are Better Than Netflix ›
- Why Reading Will Always Be Better Than Watching ›