Is Hinge Going To Replace Tinder?

Is Hinge Going To Replace Tinder?

It's all laid out for you.

156

As I am living in Thailand, I feel a bit behind now as far as what's going on on social media, in the news, new music, and especially what the new apps are for dating. And as I've recently come across Hinge, I can say it's a big upgrade from Tinder and Bumble, that I hope others find joy in as well.

One of my favorite things about Hinge is the bio portion. I enjoy that people can put their height, religious views, and political views in their bio. As someone who is very liberal and very atheist, I can say that this is a HUGE plus. The last few guys I have been romantically involved with have all been Christian, some bigger than others, all had something to say about my religious views at some point. But now, this doesn't have to be a question on a date nor does it have to be established, because it is made clear as day on the app. I can also see who is atheist and who is not, which I don't mind either way, but knowing always makes me more comfortable. For the sake of being questioned.

And can't say knowing someone's height beforehand is a problem either. I am an averaged size girl but as I am in Thailand, I have found most men I have been finding attractive are on the shorter end of the stick. But, I know height now has become a big thing on social media, jokes and all. Which it should be a big thing. People have preferences and no one should take offense to those. I know I prefer taller guys.

But that isn't just it, you can get the gist of someone. You can see if they want kids or have kids. You can see if they drink, smoke, or do drugs. You can also see where they are from, where they went to school, and around the area of which they are currently living in. Which I think are all things we need to know when getting to know someone which is sometimes deemed as uncomfortable topics but are very mature to want to know.

Hinge's bio portion isn't the only way to get to know someone. Although I enjoy that no one is forced to put up some lame bio, I can't say I won't miss laughing at and judging the quirkiest of bios. You do get some funny shit on Tinder. But, I do like Hinge's set up. For your bio, you are allowed to scroll through various "questions" that you have to "answer" such as, "Ideal Dinner Date", "I got detention for", "Pet peeves", and "Where to find me at a party". But these are just a few of them. And what I like about this is that the answers to the questions are mixed throughout your profile.

Speaking of the profile set up, your profile is a bit updated from Tinder and Bumble in the sense it's more inviting. Or so I personally think now having both a Hinge and Tinder. Your profile is a mix of your photos, your answers, and your bio. It's very well organized. And the photo portion of Hinge allows people to tag the location of photos. Which is great because there is nothing like connecting with someone that has been to some of the same places as you.

Overall, I think Hinge is what I'd expect out of a dating app. Tinder and Bumble aren't enough and things like Match are too much. Hinge has been able to find the perfect balance between maturity and play when it comes to what a dating app needs. You are able to connect with people through interests and differences which I think is perfect if you are someone who is too nervous to ask certain questions or pursue certain conversations.

Now, it would just be helpful if it was to be more popular, at least where I am in the world.