Interview With Salvarez

Interview With Salvarez

16
Interview With Salvarez
Salvarez

This last week, I was blessed by the opportunity of interviewing the ever talented musician and public figure, Salvarez. To find out more, continue reading:

For those who are new here, who are you? What is your product? What do you do?

I’m Salvarez, and I always wondered, what if Michael Jackson was a rapper instead? So I am the result. Producing original music has been my passion since the age of 14. Some say I am a rapper. Some say I sing. I say I am a product of timeless music that makes one feel good. You won’t feel down when you’re listening to my music.

What are your goals for your channel? How does this relate to a life-long goal of yours?

My YouTube Channel, Smack TV, is an avenue for me to share official content that I produce, whether it be covers, interviews, music videos, vlogs, or behind the scenes. The goal for Smack TV is to bring my fanbase into one location for all of my video content. I gave myself the challenge: upload consistently. I feel like this pressure gives me a push to get stuff out there, regardless of their slight imperfections, because it allows me to get creative last minute. Also, I have always been a procrastinator! Not going to lie about that one, haha.

What was your inspiration to start your channel/presenting yourself as a public figure?

Being star-struck. There is no feeling like it. I realized the effect upon meeting this celebrity I watched on YouTube for years. He went from being in 30 frames a second to full speed in person. There was this magical presence around him. It was crazy! Meeting the guy was unforgettable. My hopes are that I can do the same with my fans. Stage presence is gold. As far as selecting YouTube, I realized that I watch and listen to all my favorite artists there, so why not? Plus, y’all get to know me on a personal level! OH, and “SUPEReeeGO”!!!

The first video you uploaded was about nine months ago. You took a couple months off and are uploading pretty consistently now. What is your motivation for in a sense, restarting your channel? What is different this time?

To be honest, the main difference was that there was no goal before, and now there is a goal. I want to be challenged to build myself through trial and error. It’s amazing when my fans get to experience that process too!

What is your main operating social media platform? Why this platform?

Facebook & Instagram. It’s just where all my fans seem to be right now.

Who inspires you? How have they influenced your product?

I’d have to say my biggest inspirations are not rappers, but pop acts. Michael Jackson gave me his style, Daft Punk gave me their timelessness and perfectionism, and Stromae allowed me to be my goofy self. Otherwise, as far as becoming a rapper, I felt like J. Cole, Biggie and Chance all gave me inspiration record my voice over my music. I felt like we had similar voices, so they made it ok for me to sing or rap into a mic.

What is something you want all of your viewers to know about you? If there is one thing they should take away from everything that you do, what should it be?

No matter what you do, embrace who you are. Figure out what makes you impossible to imitate. Better yet, find a way to get people to want to imitate YOU. Be original.

Anything else you want your viewers to know?

I love to hear your story, and I am always down to share my knowledge and experiences with y’all! You can reach me on Snapchat at salvarezmusic.

Follow Salvarez on social media:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/captainnuke90

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/onlysalvarez/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/salvarezmusic/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/salvarezmusic

Snapchat: salvarezmusic

Website: https://www.salvarez.co/