Find An Internship That Empowers You, Trust Me, It's Worth It

Not every internship empowers, I'm so lucky mine does.
256

Finding an internship can be a challenge in and of itself. Finding an internship that empowers you, now that's even more of a challenge.

I've held several internships over my college years, and I have loved each and every one of them for different reasons. They have all taught me something applicable to my future career path, and for that, I'm so grateful.

My most recent and current internship with Odyssey, though, has taught me more than I ever could have imagined.

I wake up every morning knowing that each day brings something new and each day is going to be challenging, but I wake up full of excitement to see what that day brings.

Watching the communities I work with go from two articles a month (in a good month) to 12 plus articles a week is so rewarding. Watching their community culture start to form and seeing each community's EIC build confidence is absolutely amazing.

Playing a small part in their future success is more rewarding than anything I could possibly think of.

When I onboard a new Editor-in-Chief for a community, I get so excited because I know firsthand how life-changing it is to be an EIC.

I know firsthand how my Content Strategists (past and present) have inspired me and pushed me to be my best personally and professionally, and I love that as an intern I get to play that same role for others.

I've had the opportunity to relaunch many communities and then watch them succeed from the sidelines as I get a new group of communities to work with and pass my previous communities off to a full-time Content Strategist at Odyssey HQ.

This experience has been nothing short of incredible, and I'm so glad I still have a few months left before graduation so that I can continue to work with these communities to build them up to be the best communities out there.

I live for that moment when my EICs hit that magic 12 number, then again when they hit the real safety zone: 15.

It also helps that I have the best manager ever to help me along the way (shoutout Emma!) to make sure that my communities are heading in the right direction as well as assist me in any bumps that may come up along the way.

I could go on forever about my internship. I love it with all of my heart, but what I'm really trying to say is find an internship that empowers you.

Find an internship that helps you become the best possible version of yourself and brings our your best qualities.

Find an internship that helps you grow, that has an incredible staff willing to help you and that is invested in your success.

Every single staff member at Odyssey has invested in me in some capacity, and I'm so grateful for that. There are hundreds of EICs who are absolutely amazing and could be in my position. I see them day in and day out absolutely rocking it with their teams and crushing their goals.

I'm so grateful that eight months ago HQ gave me this opportunity.