1. Santa had different colored suits such as red, blue, white, and green. And legend has it that Coca-Cola determined the color red by this picture.
2. Hanging stockings came from the take of a poor man who couldn't afford his three daughters weddings. So St. Nick dropped a bag of gold down their chimney one night so that the eldest could get married but by accident, it fell into a stocking that was drying by the fire! So that is why we hang stockings from the fireplace for Santa to put little gifts in them.
3. Christmas wasn't always on December 25th. Because nowhere in the bible does it say anything about December 25th. But in the third century was when it became an official holiday. Some people argue that the date was picked because it coincided with the pagan festival of Saturnalia which is celebrating the agricultural god Saturn with partying and gift-giving.
4. Did you know that we leave milk and cookies for Santa is because Dutch kids would leave food and drink for St. Nicholas on his feast day?
5. Rudolph was actually conceived by a department store, Montgomery Ward, as a marketing gimmick to get kids to buy holiday coloring books.