'Infinity War' Left Me Breathless, Can May 2019 Hurry Up So We Can Have Part 2?

I have no words.
389

Note: This article contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.

"Avengers: Infinity War" left me breathless. Mind you, I was not at all caught up on the Marvel movies, yet "Infinity War" still had the same impact on me as it did my friend who is a Marvel nerd.

Image result for infinity war

The acting, as always, is phenomenal. Robert Downey, Jr. and Tom Holland steal the screen with their dynamic, giving us more of the father/son relationship that was portrayed in "Spider-man: Homecoming." In fact, Tom Holland steals the whole movie with his final scene. I'll get to that later.

Like I said, I was nowhere near caught up with the Marvel movies, yet I knew that "Dr. Strange" was probably the most important character of the movie. For those of you who didn't catch on, the reason why he gave up the stone is because "it was the only way," as he points out. He had a vision of how they had to win the war, and that's how. In the next movie, my theory is they will destroy "Thanos," use the time infinity stone to bring everyone back, and everything will be right in the world.

Of course, at the beginning of the movie, I didn't expect Loki to die. Honestly, Thor's story in this movie is by far my favorite.

Another favorite of mine is the scene where Spider-Man dies. (I told you I'd get back to it.) I was okay with everyone dying because it was so subtle, but when Spider-man tells Tony "[he] doesn't feel too good," my heartstrings were immediately pulled.

I applaud Anthony and Joe Russo for making the movie flow as easily as it did, especially since the war didn't happen on the same planet: it was everywhere.

Another great thing this movie does is give us a villain we can't hate. "Thanos" has a clear motive, he has emotions, and he only does things he believe are necessary. And don't even get me started on his character arc throughout the movie.

This movie has no downsides, unless you count half of the creatures alive now being dead. All that's left now is to wait two more years for the next Infinity War movie to come out. Joy.