In Defense Of BvS

In Defense Of BvS

Why it's great

42
In Defense Of BvS
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/social_post/0/0/1/bvs-social_70.jpg

Batman V Superman was, hands down, my favorite movie of 2016 thus far. I have no shame in admitting it. From what I understand not a lot of people share my opinions. Its got a 27 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That is abysmal in case you didn't know. That's down there with Uwe Boll's movies. And its easy to say that critics don't really know what they're talking about. But there are people all over the internet saying very nasty things about this film. So I'm here to tell you why Batman V Superman is a flawed masterpiece.

One of the most common things I see people complaining about when it comes to Batman V Superman is that it was too dark.....When is something too dark? What kind of fairy tales are you living in? Anyway, this is something that stems back from the Man Of Steel movie. The complaints are that Superman is too brooding and all that noise. I think because these characters are superheroes people just want to see them at the best that the said character embodies. We want to see our Superman saving kittens with a smile on his face and telling kids to wrap it up. But lets be real, no one jumps out the cut with a firm grasp on how they're supposed to do things. People have to grow into who they are meant to become, and that's exactly what Superman is doing. In these movies he wonders if he should even be trying to save humanity. All of the wild things people do to each other, you have to ask if we even deserve to be saved as a species. If your kid has been acting up, you're not going to buy him all the new toys. Unless you're a sh***y parent.

Another thing that I've heard people say was that it wasn't very fun, or devoid of humor. I can't understand that. Not every superhero movie is supposed to be funny. I feel like people said this because they were so used to the Marvel formula of incorporating humor into very serious scenes to lighten the load. And I don't hate on that, I enjoy Marvel's humor. But the fact that people expect that from an entirely different franchise is bananas.

One more thing that I hear people complaining about was that they couldn't understand the character's motivations. This one blows my mind. I feel like there was a conspiracy to hate on this movie. Anyway, Batman wants to kill Supes because he feels like he is a potential threat, and because the idea that there are all these superhuman people makes him feel inadequate. Like I said before, Superman just wants to know if he should be a paragon to these people. Both of these may not be accurate to the comics, but hey, neither was Civil War. At least this was realistic. Bruce has spent over 20 years in a place that is geographically Chiraq beating people up in the streets hoping to make life better, and all of a sudden, a deity shows up making things better. I'd be a little upset too. And Clark was told by his dad that people aren't ready for him (not accurate to the comics but whatever). And he see's the wild s**t people do and wonders if he should even bother saving them. These are good and interesting dilemmas people! And for all you pseudo-nerds that hopped on when nerdy s**t became cool, in the Civil War comics, Spider-Man revealed his identity, and made a deal with the devil to reverse everything.....Yeah...