In An Alternate Universe

In An Alternate Universe

I am the person that i hope to one day be.

62
In An Alternate Universe

In an alternate universe, I am Hallie. A careful girl who cares less about what the world sees in me, but more about what I see in myself. I was taught to love myself, not the world's version of me. I don't choose the typical options that I am expected to choose. I choose options that I love. I follow my passions and do everything with a certain heart. I don't second guess who I am because I love who I am.

In an alternate universe, I am vulnerable. I allow my emotions to show because hiding them only causes them to disappear. I talk about what I am feeling when I am feeling it. I allow myself to open up to others. I acknowledge that vulnerability is courage, not weakness. I acknowledge that I am not weak.

In an alternate universe, I speak my mind. I am not afraid of the consequences of being true to myself. I don't sugar-coat things because even sugar melts. I speak out against what is wrong and tell the world what I feel is right. My opinions are just opinions but they are important.

In an alternate universe, kindness runs society.

In an alternate universe, we always see the beauty.

In an alternate universe, we are the beauty.

In an alternate universe, anxiety does not take control of me. I take control of anxiety. I acknowledge it's existence but I do not exist for it. I don't spend countless nights alone, tear-stained pillow and unable to sleep because anxiety won't allow me to. My heart doesn't race when I am around a mass of people. My heart races when I talk about the things I am passionate about to the mass of people.

In an alternate universe, I am not afraid of love. I am not afraid of heartbreak and I am not afraid of being hurt. I am not afraid of allowing someone else to see every version of me and I am not afraid of allowing someone else to love every version of me. I am not afraid of loving every version of someone else.

In an alternate universe, time really does heal everything.

In an alternate universe, we always heal.

In an alternate universe, our kindness is the cure.

In an alternate universe, I don't feel like a burden. I allow others to be there for me when they choose to be. I am not afraid to allow others to be there.

I am not a burden.

In an alternate universe, I am happy. I always choose to be happy. Sometimes I realize that it is okay to choose my own happiness over others because we can't always give our happiness away. It is okay to choose happiness.

In an alternate universe, I am who I want to be in this universe. So in this universe, I will work towards becoming who I am in an alternate universe.