Improving Your Mood

11 Ways To turn your frown upside down instantly

Only good vibes allowed.

144
Kyle Sterk

Bad days happen, and sometimes life can suck. We can't get rid of it, but there's always a way to make things better. Here are some suggestions for improving your mood instantly:

1. Smile.

It really can turn a frown upside down.

2. Go somewhere quiet.

Take a few minutes to think with no external distractions- it can do wonders for a bad mood. It will not only help you de-stress, but it will help you better understand your emotions in private.

3. Eat some chocolate.

Chocolate is good for heartbreak, boredom, and everything in between.

4. Count your blessings.

Think about what you're thankful for. Expressing gratitude can create an instant mood boost.

5. Listen to a happy song.

It's an instant mood-lifter. Dancing and singing along will help tremendously.

6. Frolic around with a pet.

Playing and cuddling with a cute furry friend can help you feel happier and less stressed.

7. Laugh.

Laughter can cheer us up and decrease anxiety- and it's contagious.

8. Invite distractions.

Step away from worries for a few minutes and get absorbed in something neutral. Distractions can help us get our minds off things and can be fun too.

9. Celebrate the good times.

Looking at happy photos or thinking back on positive memories and experiences can trigger happiness.

10. Get some sun.

A boost of vitamin D can keep the blues at bay. Not only can you get a tan, but you can discover the world around you.

11. Do something you love.

Adding something small that you enjoy to your routine can brighten up your day.

"Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don't get so worked up about things." - Kenneth Branagh