18 Life Lessons I’ve Learned In 2018

18 Life Lessons I’ve Learned In 2018

2018 has taught me so much more than just these 18 lessons, but by far these lessons were the most important.

617
18 Life Lessons I’ve Learned In 2018
Katie DeBois

2018 has been the best year of my life so far. I've had life-changing experiences, met a bunch of amazing people, and have been given so many great opportunities. I am truly grateful for the experiences I've had in 2018, and I have learned a lot through them. Some are deep, some are funny, some are just factual, and here are 18 things that I learned in 2018.

1. The hardest nos/rejections lead to the greatest  yeses/acceptances.

media.giphy.com

Yeah, I experienced a ton of hard rejections and no's this past year. Almost all of them were really hard, but I did get the best job ever and if one of the nos was a yes, I wouldn't have been able to take that job. That's so weird because I cannot imagine my life without this job, and it just shows that everything happens for a reason.

2. Ariana Grande moves quickly 

media.giphy.com

First Ariana Grande is dating someone, dumps them and a month later is engaged to someone else. A few months pass they are now broken up, and she seems to be getting over it with her new songs.

3. You need to be direct with how you feel towards someone 

See Ya Do Not Want GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

media.giphy.com

This one is one that I still struggle with every day. I am someone who overthinks everything and the best way to solve a problem that might not be a problem is to be direct. I can't run away or hide from my feelings, I want to, but then I might lose friendships that are worth the fight.

4. Traveling can get  pricey

media.giphy.com

I recently took an Uber that was over 100 dollars because I was taking it from an airport to my college. This is an Uber, flights can cost way more. It only shows how expensive traveling is nowadays.

5. Bad days are bound to happen

media.giphy.com

I am someone that hates being sad, and I hate being a Debbie downer. I love being happy and upbeat. Some days no matter how hard I try will be bad, and that is okay. The bad days make you appreciate the good days, always appreciate the good days before you have a bad day.

6. Gossip Girl is an amazing show

media.giphy.com

That's just factual. Winter break, I'll be binge-watching that's guaranteed.

7. Gilmore Girls is an amazing  show

media.giphy.com

Can I be Rory Gilmore? Although I am way more like Lorelai.

8. Home is where the heart is

media.giphy.com

My family is in the process of a move, and in this process I've found myself realizing that no matter what house I live in, as long as I am with people that I love and care about. Life will be okay, and it will feel like home. Also, if my dogs are there everywhere is home.

9. Dogs are the best things to exist

Puppy Love GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

media.giphy.com

When I came home for Thanksgiving, I saw my dogs and I felt refreshed. My dogs are the best things in my life, and I love them so much.

10. Netflix is a genius

media.giphy.com

I've done a lot of binge-watching shows this year, starting with Nailed It, and now I am on Gossip Girl.

11. Laughter is the key to combatting sadness

media.giphy.com

You cannot cry sad tears while laughing, it's impossible.

12.  The best things in life come when you're least expecting them

media.giphy.com

I was not expecting to meet the people who I trust so much this year, and they're by far the greatest things that have ever come into my life. These people have taught me a bunch of lessons, and yeah they're amazing.

13. Hard work really does going a long way

media.giphy.com

My grades are the best they've ever been and that is because I am always up late studying.

14. True  validation comes  from within

media.giphy.com

If you're seeking for actual validation from someone else, you're probably not going to get it. You have to love yourself, fact.

15. Stepping out of your comfort zone is key to growth

media.giphy.com

You have to try new things if you want to grow as a person and life in general. Watch me go try to do a cart-wheel because I've never done one before. (Can someone teach me?)

16. Coffee is the greatest thing on the planet next to dogs. 

media.giphy.com

I really didn't understand how much I loved it, until I looked forward to making a cup every morning in my Keurig in my dorm. Sometimes a good cup of coffee has made my day.

17. Cooking is not THAT hard

media.giphy.com

I still can't cook, but if I do basic things like cook pasta and reheat leftover chicken in the microwave, I can cook just fine. Give me AN EASY recipe, we'll be golden.

18. Change is inevitable

media.giphy.com

I hate change like a lot, but in 2019 I am going to embrace it because it will happen whether or not I like it.

I learned so much more than these 18 things, and I am still going to learn even more in 2019. I am so excited for 2019, and the things coming up in it. You should be too because it will be an amazing year.