Goodbye Is A New Beginning

The Rejuvenating Goodbye I've Been Waiting For Has Now Set Me Free, I'm Ready For My New Hello

Although our paths may take their separate ways, I'm forever going to be grateful for you.

273
Photo by Rémi Walle on Unsplash

One of the toughest, yet most rewarding lessons I've learned this past month, is that goodbyes don't have to be sad. The word "goodbye" does not have to be associated with such a heavy-hearted feeling. It shouldn't have to bring about a pit in your stomach or tears in your eyes.

Goodbyes are not the end, but the welcome to your next hello.

Maybe this is why it was finally time to say goodbye. I was too held back – too hung up on the chance that one day we could possibly work out. Letting you go was hard, but I have finally built up the courage to accept the things I am unable to control with you. I am ready for my next hello, even if it means leaving you behind.

The "how" and the "why" to our ending is quiet ambiguous. I might never be able to give people a solid explanation on why we went our separate ways, but that's okay. Somewhere in the ambiguity of our separation, I'll know that it'll make you look back and wonder why you did what you did. I have come to peace with the chaotic situation we were once in. I'm finally ready to go out into the world wholeheartedly and accept the love I deserve - the love you weren't able to show.

Goodbyes are usually associated with a heavy, negative connotation that I have always believed as a bad thing. Through the exploration of words and my experience with you, I have chosen to view goodbyes differently. I'm no longer going to focus on the endings because there are so many new beginnings waiting out there for me.

I am the luckiest girl in the world. I'm surrounded by people who love me and care for me. I'll have them by my side as I finally say goodbye to you and as I welcome in my new hello.