The Importance Of Giving Yourself A Mental Break
Health Wellness

No matter who we are and what we do, there will always be times where life becomes too overwhelming and all we need is some nice TLC for ourselves.

661

We all need a break.

Allowing yourself to have a mental break every now and again helps prevent an overload of stress and anxiety within your brain. This in turn will cause you to have a more uplifted mentality and not gravitate towards the pessimistic side of life.

There is no shame in taking a mental health day for yourself. There tends to be a stigma in today's society that being anything less than happy is seen as a "weak." However, it is important to recognize that no one is absolutely happy 100% of the time. Our emotions define who we are and you will have days where you feel like you're on top of the world, and some where it just seems that nothing is going your way, and you know what? THAT IS OKAY!

When you are stuck in a limbo of feeling down in the dumps, remember to take care of yourself because you're only human and no matter how invincible you may feel, everyone needs time to themselves to decompose mentally. If you push yourself to your mental breaking point, you'll begin to notice that you won't be able to focus as much and it'll seem like you're just running on empty.

The famous saying, "Treat 'Yo Self," does not necessarily mean that you need to spend hundreds of dollars on fancy things in order to de-stress and feel fulfilled. There are plenty of other ways to give yourself some love that will not only save your bank account, but give your mind a well-deserved rest and recharge.

1. Give yourself 10 minutes in every hour of you-time.  Read, listen to music, eat, do anything FOR YOURSELF!

2. Buy a simple $1 face mask, turn on your favorite playlist, and relax.

3. Go for a walk outside without your phone. No distractions, just you.

4. Take a nap and don’t set an alarm.

5. Make some popcorn, pick out your favorite movie, and spend the afternoon wrapped up in a blanket.

6. Grab your favorite bath bomb and take a nice, warm bath.

7. Devote more time towards your hobby

8. Open up a notebook and journal about your day or about anything that’s on your mind.