A Best Friend Is Your Someone, Is Your Person, And Is The Person Who Becomes More Like A Sister

Don't ever let them go.

214
Unsplash

There are many times you have a special person in their lives, but the role that a best friend can play is something extremely special. It can be so hard sometimes to find that one person who you can truly call your "best friend," but when you do, you never want to let them go. Having a best friend is something that is so important because it allows you to go to someone whenever you need something. The relationship between two best friends is so important.

Being able to have that one person who you can laugh with, cry with, just chill with, or sing along to Disney movies with is vital. Now don't get me wrong having other friends are great, but there is something special about having that one person who you can truly connect with. Speaking from personal experience, I am not a super girly girl who has a ton of girlfriends, I'd rather hang out with guys because they're less drama.

My sophomore year of college I really got to talking with one of my friend's friend and we hit it off. She has become my best friend, but even more than that, she has become my sister and I couldn't be more thankful for her. We have been through the good, the bad, and the ugly and no matter what I know that I can go to her for anything and she knows that she can come to me for anything.

On top of all of the things that I have already mentioned, being able to have a best friend who you can grow in Christ with is something even more special. There are so many times where you can have such deep and wonderful conversations about how God works. Also, you get joy out of not only seeing them grow and achieve things in their personal life, but also in their spiritual relationship. I can't tell you how cool it is to see my best friend be on fire for God.

When it comes to the relationship that you can have with your best friend when they reach the point of becoming your sister it is genuinely a beautiful thing. I never had siblings growing up and so to have this girl who is my best friend, but also my sister. It feels like we've known each other forever and I can treat her like she is my relative, and this bond is something that should never be taken advantage of or forgotten.

A best friend is someone who you can share everything with.

Someone who you can't wait to grow up with.

Someone who you take pride in them being able to stand next to you on your wedding day.

Someone who you want to have your kids be friends with and watch them grow up together.

Someone who you can become silly old ladies with as you retell stories of your adventures over the years.

Someone who you can always go to now and forever.