5 New Year's Resolutions

5 New Year's Resolutions

That are truly beneficial

368

.

1. Pledge to do something active every day

This may sound a little silly, but any sort of activity will help you destress and feel good about yourself as well, plus who doesn't enjoy a little time outside? It is really important to stay active and healthy, especially while you are young! It is proven that exercising releases endorphins which will decrease your stress and truly just make you feel healthier.

2. Pick a word to live by for the entire year 

This is incredibly beneficial! Last year, I chose to live by the word: Patience, and let me tell you this made a HUGE difference in my life, throughout 2018 I was constantly thinking about how to live my life with more patience, and now I truly know what being patient means (in all aspects of life). My word for 2019 is Mindfulness!

3. Find Something Positive in Every Negative Life Situation

This one sounds really corny, I know, but it truly makes an impact on how you handle life situations. I have handled a lot of them very badly, but when I started to reflect on the positives, I began to look at these situations as life lessons or stepping stones, that way it did not feel like it was the end of the world to me, which bad life situations should NEVER make you feel like that.

4. Save money every day

We all know our world revolves around money so, to eliminate that stress, pledge to save money everyday! Start a money jar and put the amount of your choosing in it everyday- it could be a penny or it could be five dollars, it really adds up in the end.

5. Set goals for yourself

This is really important, especially if you have a goal oriented personality like me! I thrive on trying to reach my goals, therefore when I started setting goals for myself I noticed a huge improvement in my productivity and work ethic. I chose to set small daily goals, sometimes different each day, like: clean my room, do dishes, etc, as well as setting larger, long term goals like: get in to my dream med school, save ten thousand dollars in a year, and little goals to live by like: go to class all semester, get up earlier, stick to a sleep schedule, clean out closet once a month, etc. I have truly noticed a difference in my life since I have written these goals down on paper, I have noticed myself genuinely working hard to achieve them and feeling better in the process, which is why I believe everyone should try it!

These are 5 New Year's Resolutions that will truly make an impact in your life and health (mental and physical)!