Tiffany Rawlin Makes an Impact

Tiffany Rawlin Makes an Impact

Odyssey Impact

The Problem With Kissing Frogs

"I have kissed a whole lot of frogs, and not a single one of them ever turned into a prince."
319

I have kissed a whole lot of frogs, and not a single one of them ever turned into a prince. I have tried on a ton of shoes, but the glass slipper just never fit. I have taken some very long naps, and never woke up to true loves first kiss.

I've done some soul searching lately, and I realized something. I have spent so much of my life searching for my happily ever after that I forgot who I really am. I forgot who the person looking back in the magic mirror was. I forgot who was wearing the crown. I forgot about myself.

I am strong. I am beautiful. I am perfect in my own way. I am independent. I have never needed another person to show me who I am on the inside. I never needed to change for someone else because I just wasn't "good enough" for them. I needed to enjoy being me. It just took me awhile to wake up and truly see that.

Elle didn't need Warner to be successful. Warner needed Elle. He lost it all when he lost her. You cannot convince me that I need someone in my life when I know that my individual success is not brought to me by another person. I am the one who brings my own success. I am the one who makes a difference in my own life. I do not need someone to keep me from being me. I have the power to be whoever I want to be. And as of right now... I just want to be me.

Why be a damsel in distress when you can save the day on your own? Why sit back and wait for opportunities when you can go out and capture them yourself? Why stand there and tell me you need someone else in your life in order to survive and be successful?

You don't need another person to show you who you are. You need yourself. Be independent. Be patient. Be perfect. Be you.

I believe in fairytales. I believe in happily ever afters. But above all, I believe in myself.

No more frogs, glass slippers, shiny apples, or magic carpets. I am more than okay being by myself. I actually like me. And I know that someday my Prince Charming will sweep me off my feet. Someday I'll find "the one." But until then, I'm going to build myself and grow. I'm going to work hard to become the person I want to be. And I'm not letting anyone stop me from doing just that either.

I may still be a child at heart, but my determination proves to me that I'm more than capable of being successful and powerful on my own. I will do whatever it takes to be the girl I know I am deep down.

Straighten your crown and hold your head high. You're a princess remember? Go ahead and show them why.