In case you missed it, the Jonas Brothers are back together and, let me tell you, they're giving us some major jams. For those of us who were there when it all began back in 2007 with their first album, It's About Time, this has been one of the most important events of the year. But nothing, and I mean nothing can rival the excitement every twenty-something felt as the Jonas Brothers announced their Happiness Begins tour. I, for one, put my name in for ticket presale, have been following every single social media site related to the tour/group, and, of course, listening to the Jonas Brothers on repeat. And if you did manage to snag tickets, then you know that this is how your brain has been ever since they announced the tour.
1. Finding out that they're going on tour
2. Hopefully entering your name into the lottery to get presale tickets
3. Finding out that you actually get to buy presale tickets
4. Impatiently waiting for your presale tickets by listening to their songs on repeat
5. And remembering how obsessed you used to be (definitely still are) with them
6. Trying to coordinate the squad to go to the concert with you
7. Waiting in the Ticketmaster waiting room...
8. ...And feeling super frantic/frustrated because there are about 2000 people in line in front of you
9. Actually getting into the site to buy the tickets
10. Frantically trying to find seats you can actually pay for because, let's be real, you're twenty-something and poor
11. Managing to actually get the seats you want
12. Joyfully letting your squad know that you've done it
13. Crying a little because all of the dreams you've had since 2007 are coming true
14. Listening to every single Jonas Brothers song on repeat (again)
If you, like me, have finally fulfilled one of your dreams since childhood, then congrats, my friend! We've made it! Honestly, of all the things I've done in my adult life, this might be the one that child me is the most proud of.
This is it early 2000's babies, a compilation finally made for you. This list is loaded with things that will make you swoon with nostalgia.
1. Not being accepted by the late 90's kids.Giphy
Contrary to what one may think, late 90's and early 00's kids had the same childhood, but whenever a 00's kid says they remember something on an "only 90's kids will understand" post they are ridiculed.
2. Fortune tellers.Giphy
Every day in elementary school you would whip one of these bad boys out of your desk, and proceed to tell all of your classmates what lifestyle they were going to live and who they were going to marry.
You could never read this book past 8 o'clock at night out of fear that your beloved pet rabbit would come after you.
4. Silly bands.upload.wikimedia.org
You vividly remember begging your parents to buy you $10 worth of cheap rubber bands that vaguely resembles the shape of an everyday object.
The joy and excitement that washed over you whenever you saw the gym teacher pull out the huge rainbow parachute. The adrenaline that pumped through your veins whenever your gym teacher tells you the pull the chute under you and sit to make a huge "fort".
6. Putty Erasershttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/385972630558152185/
You always bought one whenever there was a school store.
7. iPod shuffle.
The smallest, least technological iPpd apple has made, made you the coolest kid at the bus stop.
8. "Education Connection"
You knew EVERY wood to the "Education Connection" commercials. Every. Single.Word.
9. " The Naked Brothers Band"www.youtube.com
The "Naked Brothers Band" had a short run on Nickelodeon and wrote some absolute bangers including, "Crazy Car' and "I Don't Wanna Go To School"
10. Dance Dance Revolution
This one video game caused so many sibling, friend, and parent rivalries. This is also where you learned all of your super sick dance moves.
Going to school with fear of your Tamagotchi dying while you were away was your biggest worry.
12. Gym Scooters
You, or somebody you know most likely broke or jammed their finger on one of these bad boys, but it was worth it.
13. Scholastic book fairsc1.staticflickr.com
Begging your parents for money to buy a new book, and then actually spending it on pens, pencils, erasers, and posters.
Who knew that putting yogurt in a plastic tube made it taste so much better?
15. Slap Bracelets
Your school probably banned these for being "too dangerous".