I'm The Girl Who Goes Home Every Weekend

Going home from college on the weekends is the best of both worlds!

I'm the girl who goes home every weekend. As many would believe this is wasting the college 'experience' and happens to be ridiculous to some people. To me, it is not and it means the world to me that I am able to drive two hours each weekend to be home with my family. These reasons making coming home worth it every weekend and why I do.

My Parents

Being super close to my parents makes it difficult to be away from home. Two hours really is not that far but it is when you do not have your parents close by you. I would not miss hang out with my parents ever. Whether it's just sitting around talking or going on shopping adventures or even just adventures in general. I cherish every moment I have with them and yes I would rather hangout with them than being at college stuck in a dorm room or partying.

My Dog

Who does not miss their pets while being away at college? Going home to a loving and excited dog every weekend is the best feeling ever. My dog is my best friend and I'd be lost without her. Even if it seems cheesy to come home to play with your pet, it really is not. They missed you just as much as you have missed them.

I feel like I miss too much while I'm away at college

Even though I might not miss as much as I feel like I do every week, it still seems like it. Being away just for the week I do not miss much, but what I do miss is being around family and the comfort of my own home.

It is nice to get away from the stress of college

Being at college can be stressful. Your days are filled with classes and sadly when you are not in classes you spend the majority of time working on homework or catching up. Its full days of running Monday though Friday. Being able to come home is like a getaway. When I am home I do not have to worry about anything. I can relax and binge watch as much Netflix as my little heart desires.

Best of Both Worlds

Driving two hours every weekend coming home and two hours driving back may seem like a huge waste of gas for some of you. For me, it is the best of both worlds. I have thought about transferring but I truly love the college I attend. So being able to be there during the week and accomplishing my dreams step by step but also to be able to be at home on the weekends where I would also like to be, makes everything better. It works in my favor.

With that being said before you start sticking your nose in others business as to why they leave campus every weekend take these reasons of mine in consideration. People who usually leave every weekend rather spend time with family or may be some of they have jobs back at home. You never know that person reason so do not start judging them because they are the ones who play for their own college tuition and they have priorities just like you and I. So if you are one who goes home on the weekend, no judgement from me! Do what you feel is right and what you believe in.