Everyone Who Thinks I'm "Too Young," This One Is For You

"I'd wish you the best, but you already had it"

22
Emily Yaritz

I've always been the person who wanted to be the best I could be. I have always wanted to leave my mark on the world; To be the greatest to ever do it.

For as long as I can remember, I have set the bar high. In sixth grade, I was named captain of the lacrosse team. In my job, I was team lead. At seventeen I bought my dream car in full. Freshman year of college I took intermediate macroeconomics and got one of the highest grades in the class. After stomach surgery, I stayed enrolled in school and made the deans list. Today I am a double major and am going to graduate early. Now I am not telling you all of this to brag. I am telling you this to show you that I am capable of so much more than you are given me credit for.

I am tired of being told I am "too young" to handle certain situations. I have accomplished so much so young and I want that to continue. So please, I am begging you, take a chance on me. Even if it doesn't work out, I will still be eternally grateful to you. Let me fall on my flat on my face. Watch me fail time and time again. But watch me stand up every time. Watch me be better because of my failures. To whoever takes a chance on me next, I promise you won't regret it. Every day I dream of the day someone sees my full potential. Someone who sees my age and doesn't give it a second thought. To that someone, I cannot wait to meet you.

To everyone who thinks I am "too young", I can't wait to show you what you passed on. You are going to regret it one day, but thanks for the chip on my shoulder, I am better because of it.