Today, I was sitting in a hospital waiting room with my mother. Just when I thought sitting in a sour-smelling hospital waiting room chair couldn't get any worse, I quickly began to realize I was surrounded by children. One family had two young boys who were gracing us all with their wrestling skills until the younger one received a swift punch to the throat. It was then I had never wished for wrestling more in my life because this little boy cried and screamed for about 10 minutes until, finally, he sat down and was finally quiet.

This silence did not last long; however, because another family walked in. There was a young boy, a girl, and a newborn. The baby was the most well-behaved of the bunch because the other two children began flailing around in the chairs. For some reason, they had one of those stretchy hands that you can sling around and pick up things with. Of course, they wanted to show everyone their prized possession and began swinging it around in circles.

You may be asking yourself, "Where were these children's parents in all this?" The parents were busy on their phones, ignoring everyone's discomfort with their ill-behaved children. They all looked miserable and simply worn thin from dealing with their children all day, every day.

This is exactly why I don't want children. I don't have enough patience to deal with my own little brother, let alone much younger children who I would have to give my entire life to. Don't get me wrong, I completely respect parents and their devotion and sacrifices they have made for their children.

I just think, because I almost pass out every time I pass a playground with what seems like 5 million children running around and screaming, it would be best if I didn't have children. In addition, I have a plan for my own life. I want to go to medical school and open my own clinic one day. If I did end up having children, this would leave little to no time for me to have a presence in their lives. Either this or I would have to put my hopes and dreams behind me in order to care for my children.

Regardless, everyone has their own hopes and dreams, and for some, that includes further branching their family tree and having little ones of their own. For me, though, I just don't think that's what I was meant for in this life.