Story
Ideas

20 Small Tattoos With Big Meanings

Tattoos with meaning you can't deny.

It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning. You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Overtime tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret. So here are 20 tattoos where you can't go wrong. Here are 20 small tattoos with big meanings. (But don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!).

1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.

tattoos with meaning, semicolon tattoo

2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

sailboat tattoo, tattoos with meaning

3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.

tattoos with meaning, delta strategy tattoo

4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."

tattoos with meaning, moon tattoo

5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."

tattoos with meaning, viking symbol tattoo

6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.

tattoos with meaning, greek symbol of inguz tattoo

7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."

tattoos with meaning, deer tattoo

8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)

tattoos with meaning, ohm tattoo

9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.

tattoos with meaning, alchemy tattoo

10. The Greek word “Meraki” means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.

tattoos with meaning, greek meraki tattoo

11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.

tattoos with meaning, malin tattoo

12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.

tattoos with meaning, hobbit thief symbol tattoo

13. “Lux in tenebris” means “light in darkness.”

tattoos with meaning, lux in tenebris tattoo

14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.

anchor tattoo, tattoos with meaning

15."Ad Maiora” is translated literally as “Towards greater things.” It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.

tattoos with meaning, ad maiora tattoo

16. A glyphs means “explore.” It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.

tattoos with meaning, glyphs tattoo

17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."

tattoos with meaning, aut inveniam via aut faciam tattoo

18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.tattoos with meaning, lotus flower tattoo

19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.

tattoos with meaning, zen tattoo

20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.

tattoos with meaning, moon cycle tattoo