Wow. I made it. Even though it seems like just yesterday that I was moving into my dorm, I am now officially done with freshman year. I was so nervous coming into my first year at Stony Brook, as I was an out-of-state student. I was about to conquer one of the biggest adventures of my life, and I didn't know anyone.

What if I didn't make any friends? What if my roommate was weird? Would school be too much for me to handle? Looking back, my worries seem so childish, considering what an amazing freshman year I've had. I stumbled a bit along the way, as one should, but I wouldn't go back and change a thing. Through all the laughs and smiles and tears, I have emerged a stronger and more capable individual. I can't say that I'll miss the countless hours spent studying in the library, but I will for sure miss my college friends as I spend the next three months at home.

Being three hours away from campus makes it so much more difficult to stay in touch with my Stony Brook friends, and I don't know how we'll last for a quarter of a year, considering that we can't go without talking to or FaceTiming each other for more than eight hours.

It seems cliché, but my college friends have grown to be like family, sticking by me through both the good and bad times.

I'm so grateful to have an amazing support system away from home, but not being able to stay up until 3 a.m. gossiping with my roommate or going on impromptu bike rides down the Zebra Path will be tough. I try to look on the bright side, though, as I still have three more years with these crazy people.

So here's to a great first year, and the even greater people that I met throughout it. I couldn't have done it without you all.