If You're Looking For A Sign, This Is It

If you’re doubting yourself or feeling unsure and discouraged, keep reading.

181

If you’re looking for a reason to start, this is the world telling you that it’s time to hop off the sofa and begin again. It doesn’t matter if you’ve tried and failed, this is your time. Take up that hobby you’ve always wanted to try, go running tomorrow morning, save money for that plane ticket to somewhere, make room for quiet time, drink more water. Keep fighting. Do not. Give. Up. No matter what it is, the world is your oyster, and you have more power inside you than you realize to start making a difference.

No door is too big for you to open. Has a friendship faltered or drifted apart? Pick up the phone and send them a text or give them a call. Chances are that they’re just waiting on you to bridge the gap first. Have you hurt someone and you’ve got regret weighing heavy on your heart? Kill them with kindness, and show them that you’re ready to make a change. It’s easy to let bitterness take over and hold a grudge, but it takes power to forgive.

If you’re looking for a reason to stop, here’s your sign to cut the crap out. Cut that person out of your life who’s being destructive to your emotional health, stop stalking his social media (he just ain’t worth it), get over it, leave it in the past, refuse to keep settling. Replace that inner monologue of self-ridicule and comparisons with the truth: You’re awesome, you’re worthy, and you're loved.

Most importantly, listen to that gut feeling. That stomach wrenching feeling you get when you know you should be doing something, or when you’re doing something you know you shouldn’t. I firmly believe that is God tugging gently, quietly speaking to your soul. If you don’t remember anything else from this, know that God has a plan for everyone’s lives, and even though your way may seem better in the moment, I can promise that God’s plan will prevail eventually and it is infinitely sweeter than anything we could design for ourselves.

If you’re looking for a sign, this is it.

“All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before even one of them began.” –Psalms 139:16
“We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God; those who are called according to His purpose.” –Romans 8:28