Practice What You Preach If You Think All Lives Matter

Don't be a hypocrite.

318
A crowd of people protesting one of them is holding a sign that says All Lives Can't Matter until Black Lives Matter
Photo by noah eleazar on Unsplash

With the recent murder of George Floyd and the rise of anti-racism, Black Lives Matter has become increasingly prevalent, however despite the importance of this movement, there have been many critics calling for the "All Lives Matter" movement. What these people fail to realize is that the Black Lives Matter movement is not saying that all lives don't matter but instead pointing out that all lives can't matter until senseless racist acts against black people stop.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" if you were thinking the Coronavirus only kills old people and those who have serious illnesses.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" if just months ago you were willing to sacrifice grandma for the economy

You can't say "All Lives Matter" if you have been racist to Asian people because of the Coronavirus

You can't say "All Lives Matter" and not support your LGBTQ+ child.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" and mock a disabled child at church because that is NOT what Jesus would do.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" and have events at places that are inaccessible to those with disabilities

You can't say "All Lives Matter" if you won't let your kid have any friends that aren't white.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" and not hire someone just because they have a disability if they are qualified then they get the job.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" and not teach your kids about being kind to others who may be different from them.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" and look at a black person as if they were going to steal something from your store.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" if you think that a child is better off in foster care than with a loving same-sex couple.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" if you won't even adopt a child from foster care yourself, after saying adoption is better than abortion.

You can't say "All Lives Matter" if you don't believe that Black Lives Matter.

If after this article you still believe that "All Lives Matter" then start educating yourselves, read some books, watch some movies, sign some petitions, have a conversation with your kids, brothers, sisters, cousins, have the conversations that you are uncomfortable with having. If you truly believe that all lives matter then start thinking about all lives, change the way you view things, be kind to one another.

Yes, all lives do matter but right now black lives matter even more. Imagine if it was your own kid out there in danger. You get to go home safely, you don't have to worry about a police officer following you because of the color of your skin, you don't have to worry about your kid getting killed by police, you can go to a store without the owner thinking you going to steal something. You have that privilege its time that you check it.

As a cis straight white female, I am learning more about how I can use mine for good rather than bad, and its time all of you do the same. Let's make the world a better place for everyone it starts with you.