If We Treated People Like Sunsets

If We Treated People Like Sunsets

How different the world would be?
5

If we treated people like sunsets, how different the world would be.

If we treated people like sunsets, how much clearer we would see.

If we treated people like sunsets, we'd appreciate every face.

If we treated people like sunsets, the world would be a better place.

Every day we anxiously await the incredible sunset that is to come, in awe of the beauty and uniqueness that each one possesses. As we stare at the splash of hues reflecting off of our wide-eyes, we notice the contrasts in each. We notice the varying colors, the lack of clouds or the abundance of whisping ones. We notice how the day's weather can alter the appearance of each sunset, and how rain prior to the setting sun, followed by a clearing, can make for that of an even more breathtaking sight.

So why is it any different with people?

What makes people so different from sunsets?

We are all incredible and beautifully unique. We contrast each other with our varying colors. The weathering of life changes each and every one of us in magnificent, individualistic ways. Getting caught in the rain for part of your life makes for your appearance after your emergence to be that much more breath taking.

When will we start to appreciate people the same way we appreciate sunsets?

Essentially, we are the same, we just have the ability to feel magnificent emotions, unlike the setting sun. If we used those emotions to value each other like we use them to value the sunset, the world would be such a different place. Every one would be treated as an equal, but recognized for their wonderful, individualistic qualities. Every one would understand the true beauty that they hold while possessing no trace of jealousy, as they would see that although we do not all look the same, we are all beautiful in our own special ways. We would appreciate every single human being that crossed our path, knowing that they too, come from a different background, a different story, a different weathering of events.

The setting sun can be life changing, time passing in wondrous hues right before our eyes. Meeting someone can also be life changing. How much clearer we would see if we just noticed the similarities between the two. We would stop taking people at face value, allowing ourselves to dwell on what they may be holding within, just as we wonder what exactly went into the creation of the incredible vista glowing in front of us.

We come from the same world as these breathtaking sunsets; how did we become so far removed?