If U.S Cities Were Game Of Thrones Characters

Ever wondered which Game of Thrones character best describes your favorite cities?

131

The Game of Thrones cast is extremely diverse. So many different backgrounds, stories, conflicts, and desires. The United States is also home to a very diverse group of cities and people. I was watching S8 E4 this past weekend and after seeing all those who died, I wanted to write something that represented each of the main characters. So, here we are, with a list (that will keep growing) of U.S cities that relate the most to GOT characters. Let's get started...

1. Philadelphia = Jon Snow

The city of Philadelphia is one of the toughest cities in the country. They are always in the middle of fights, either protecting their brotherly love or just stirring up problems. You either love them or you hate them. Like Jon, they are "bastards". As a fellow Philadelphia native, I can easily confirm we fit that criterion. We are a crazy bunch of people who are passionate about everything we do.

2. Washington D.C. = Cersei Lannister

Many people probably think I have a specific reason, or person, that resides in D.C for me to put Cersei as the parallel, but I mainly put this because she has been living in King's Landing, the capital of Westeros, for most of her life.

3. New York City = Daenarys Targaryen

New York City is the most impactful city in the United States. Everyone seems to claim that they are the unofficial "capital" of the country. Everyone from outside the country knows of NYC, just as Daenarys commands practically everyone outside of Westeros.

4. Los Angeles = Joffrey Baratheon

Joffrey, just like the city of LA, is extremely dramatic. I mainly say dramatic because of Hollywood, but there is still a stigma that people feel they are a "higher-class" than others. Joffrey feels as if he deserves to be put on a pedestal. Joffrey also died in such a Hollywood way, choking on poison at his own wedding.

5. Chicago = Jamie Lannister

Jaime always finds himself in battle. As we all know, Chicago is one of the most violent cities in the country. Jamie, aka "The King Slayer", seems to be the ideal comparison for the violent Chicago city. However, Chicago has an underlying beauty to it, from Millennium Park to the Navy Pier. In the later seasons of the show, we finally see Jamie's more compassionate side, especially with Brienne of Tarth.

6. Las Vegas = Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion gambles with his life on a daily basis. I might be right in saying that he has made either an ally or an enemy with every house in Westeros. Let's also add that he loves to drink, he loves women, and I could 100% see Tyrion embracing the spirit of the Las Vegas Strip.

7. Birmingham = Sansa Stark

Birmingham, Alabama has a rich history of industrialization and change. With Sansa, she starts off as a whiny, shy girl. Yet, she consistently progresses as time goes on. She never forgets where she comes from, and values family over everything else. You have to love both Alabama and Sansa Stark for their strong sense of identity and ability to grow and adapt. Sansa might technically be a Northern belle, but she has the spirit of the American south.

8. Boston = Arya Stark

Boston, as much as I hate to say it, is the city of champions. With Arya, she is and will always be a champion after slaying the Night King.

9. New Orleans = Melisandre

If the Red Woman was exploring the American South, I think she would find New Orleans to be the exact type of culture she needs. Her mysterious aroma would blend seamlessly into a culture with a love for the exotic and powerful.

10. Charleston = Bran Stark

Charleston is one of the most historical cities in the country. As it pertains to Bran, he is the 3-eyed raven, meaning he knows all the history EVER in Westeros.

11. Anchorage = Night King

I bet 9/10 people who read this article have no idea where Anchorage is located. When you think of the Night King, you think of the north. And what's the northern-most part of the United States? Alaska. Anchorage is the most populated city in Alaska, home to over 200,000 people. Night King, who rules the north, embodies being the biggest city in Alaska. Plus. it's cold, and most people tend to avoid that state.

12. Nashville = Tormund Giantsbane

His name sounds like a small Nashville country band. He's a lil bit country, but a lil bit of rock 'n' roll as well. He also rocks an awesome southern beard.

13. Little Rock = Littlefinger

Lord Baelish came from nothing. But he was always ambitious and rose from his lowly status to become Master of Coin and even more. Arkansas has a Mockingbird as their state bird, and we see a Mockingbird as huge symbolism for Littlefinger throughout his journies.

14. Minneapolis = Brienne of Tarth

I always hear stereotypes that all women in Minnesota are abnormally tall and physically imposing. She's very tall and doesn't conform to the feminine styles that are popular with ladies in the Seven Kingdoms. Brienne has always been a bit of a pioneer for women in Westeros, and in 2018 Minnesota was named the "best state for women".

15. Cheyenne = Jorah Mormont

I chose a city in Wyoming for a few reasons. For starters, Wyoming is home to thousands of bears, which also happens to be the sigil of House Mormont. I also chose it due to Jorah's low-key personality, quietness, and devotion. The people of Wyoming are not really nationally spoken, but they are very communal with one another.

16. Orlando = Theon Greyjoy

Theon was an iron islander who ended up being raised in the north. Some surrounding states claim that Florida is the "New York of the south". I find Theon to be just that, a northerner who returns home to the Iron Islands and feels out of place and unwanted. Also, so many weird stories come out of Florida, maybe things such as having your genitals cut off or wanting to sleep with your sister, whether or not you realized it was your sister in the first place! Who's to say?

17. Newport = Margaery Tyrell

Margaery grew up in a wealthy family. Highgarden sounds like an expensive row of mansions and beauty. Margaery is beautiful, fashionable, and seems to know how to manipulate people to get her way.

18. Phoenix = Missandei

Phoenix is the "valley of the sun". It is always sunny and hot, and has an underlying beauty. Missandei was born in Naath and became a slave in Astapor. She was always a southerner, and when she went up north she struggled greatly. However, her beauty makes her fierce and powerful.