Why We Need To Take A Step Back And Trust God's Timing

When the timing is right, you'll know what to do with all the peace in your heart

96
123rf.com
Quit wasting time worrying about your future and live for what is right now.
God has got your back.

"I wanna do this and that, and maybe, one day, I'll do it."

"I have plenty of time. Should I do this now, or should I wait? Is it too late already?"

These are just a few thoughts that cross my mind when I think about the things I want to do. It seems like there are too many paths to choose from and so little time to pick the perfect one. This causes me to be anxious sometimes. I overwhelm myself with worry and doubts about what my future holds. I worry about what my next step should be, and that I need to get away from where I am now. I often have the fear that I'm wasting my life away and one day I'll blink and I"ll have accomplished nothing and gone nowhere.

When I feel myself sinking into my fears and anxieties, I have to really take a big step back, look at the entire picture, and remember that God is in control.

Just Be Still

Sometimes it's okay to be still. It's okay to be exactly where you're at. It may not be where you want to be, but it's where God wants you to be. Maybe you think to yourself that where you're at doesn't have anything to offer you, that it won't benefit you in any way.

But if you turn this around... How can you benefit from where you're at? Make this your perspective. Why have you been placed where you are? Possibly, it's to help another human being in some form, or to share love, or to make a difference: minuscule or colossal.

God's Plan

God has a plan for you. He has this whole intricately designed map for your life. He placed you at that minimum wage job or in that really small city for a reason. And when it's time to move on to the next pit-stop, God will let you know that too. He'll tell you the next play to make, and at that time it will seem alright with you. You'll have peace in your heart knowing it's what God wants.

However, none of this can happen without communication, trust, and patience.

God loves it when we communicate! You gotta let Him know the desires of your heart. (Of course, He already knows, He just wants you to talk to Him.)

Pray

Prayer is powerful and God hears and listens to every single whisper of faith you send up to Him. Pray about your desires. Let Him know what you want, and ask for help in opening your eyes to His plan for you. He'll reveal it to you in His time.

Trust Him: nothing is going to happen if you have the belief that you don't need Him. You can't do this on your own and expect it to produce a good outcome. It's all about God's plan. And you have to trust in it, and believe that His plan is for you and that it's going to be something amazing.

Patience is a virtue

And that it is indeed. It's also something we tend to lack. But God loves patience. He loves teaching patience, too. Nothing ever happens on our time--even though we like to think it does. But rather, everything operates on His time. He knows the order of events that are going to take place, and He knows when and how. Putting our patience in God is hard--but it's possible. And when you realize the goodness of God, you'll realize how amazing and incredible His timing is. It's pretty perfect.

My mom has always told me "if you don't know what to do, just stand and talk to God." Ah! And once again, folks, she is right! (Who am I kidding, moms are always right, am I right?)

So again: If you have those thoughts and are anxious about where you should go next,--just stand and wait. And talk to God. And trust him. And have patience. When the timing is right, you'll know what to do with all the peace in your heart.