If He/She Doesn't Make You Happy...Let Them Go.

You deserve better.

2123
Google

There are plenty of reasons why I am very picky about getting into a relationship, but the main reason is watching other people who do not truly love their significant other and just want the title.

Something that I have learned over the past year is that you shouldn't find someone that makes you nervous to see them. You should find someone that makes you feel comfortable and get really excited when you see them. Feeling comfortable with someone is one of the main keys to a relationship. Why would you want to be with someone that you feel as if you are so nervous and cannot even talk to all of the time?

Having mainly all guy friends has taught me a lot about relationships. Some do not cheat and lie, but some do. Never blame someone for the previous significant other's reasoning...ever. If your last boyfriend/girlfriend cheated on you, maybe the next girl/guy will not. Maybe he will be different. Never assume and only go with the flow.

If he doesn't make you happy, leave. If you feel as if you are losing connection...then maybe you are and that's not okay. It is never okay to be confused or feel as if you do not know what to do in your relationship. If you are the only person that is putting in the effort, then maybe it is time for you to find someone who will put in the same amount of effort as you.

Never settle for less.

If you have standards, never lower them. Just because the guy or girl is really attractive and anyone would be lucky enough to have them by their side to take cute pictures with does not mean you should lower your standards for him or her.

It is not good to find someone that is the same exact person as you, explore and be open-minded. Yes, it is great to have someone that shares the same interests...but it is also great to find someone who is totally different and willing to take you on adventures and step into your courage zone and out of the comfort zone for a bit.

NEVER CHEAT.

Being cheated on has changed my outlook on finding a guy that is worth my time. If you are not happy with the person that you are with and only looking into someone else's interest, then just leave. It is better to let someone know you have lost interest rather than having them wonder why they aren't good enough to be with you. Cheating is not only having sex with someone else other than your significant other. Cheating is hiding messages, spending time with someone else of the opposite sex more than your significant other, covering yourself, lying, etc. If you have to ask yourself 'does this make me look as if I like someone else' then yes, it is cheating.

Yes, I have had friends that have cheated on their significant other and I have been cheated on myself. But I have never talked to two guys at the same exact time because no one deserves to feel as if they are in a competition with someone else. I have watched my best friends cry and get really upset, not only girls but guys as well, from not knowing what they did wrong because their boyfriend/girlfriend decided they wanted to have fun with someone else.

If he/she doesn't make you get really excited when you see them...let them go.

If he/she makes you feel confused, heartbroken, or upset majority of the time...let them go.

If he/she doesn't put in the amount of effort that you are putting in yourself...let them go.

There are plenty of ways to know that you deserve better. Someone is out there for you, do not jump into a relationship only for the title.