I Will Probably Never Be 100% With My Body, But I Will Still Live My Life
Wellbeing

The size on the tag shouldn't determine how happy you are with your body.

88

In high school, I was a size 0. I thought I was big.

In college, I'm a size 2. I still think I'm too big.

I look back at pictures from my early years at high school and think to myself, "Why the heck did I think I was big back then? What I would do to get my old body back". And who knows, maybe I'll say that exact phrase again after I leave college and look back at pictures from now.

The thing is, I can keep exercising dieting, and taking supplements but I'll probably never be 100% with my body - and that's okay! In a sense, it'll always keep me proactive about maintaining a healthy diet and an active lifestyle. As long as I'm comfortable, I will be okay. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself that even if you aren't fitting into the size you think you should be, doesn't mean you aren't a healthy size.

Everybody is different. I have friends who are taller than me and weigh less, I have friends who are shorter than me and weigh more, I have friends who are the same height as me and weigh more/less. The most detrimental thing you can do to yourself when learning to accept your body, is comparing yourself to those around you.

As jealous I am of girls who are a size 0, can eat whatever they want, and not have to move an inch - I'm glad I'm not. My body is my own, and I will always be okay with working on making myself better. I might never reach the point where I look in a mirror and say "I love my body" but I know I will always look in the mirror and say "I'm comfortable in my body."

And remember, the size on the tag doesn't define you as a person, the amount of likes on your Instagram picture doesn't necessarily validate an individual, and there are thousands of other people that aren't in love with their body - you aren't alone.