I Will Not Let My Future Kids Watch Reality T.V Shows But They Will Be Inspired By These 4 Powerful Women

A list of all the people they will look up to instead

8

We are in a time where so many young girls look up to influencers like Kylie Jenner and her clan. Young girls are watching these influencers with their enviable bodies in their 500 dollar bikinis drinking 1000 dollar champagne on their 5 million dollar yachts.

And how did most of those influencers get there? Their rich and famous parents. Not hard work, grit, blood, sweat, and tears.

But with Kylie Jenner self-proclaiming herself as "self-made" (I'm laughing typing that), girls are misled at an early age at what success and beauty look like. This is why I will never let my kids grow up having those type influencers as there role models.

Here is the list of women they will look up to (and you should too):

Greta Thunberg

Instagram

Greta Thunberg is a 17-year-old girl with Aspergers who is fighting for climate change activism. Greta is from Stockholm, Sweden and got her start by creating the #fridaysforfuture on social media, where she showed herself on Fridays protesting in front of the Swedish parliament. Later on, she addressed the Heads of State at the UN Climate Summit delivering a powerful speech about why action needs to be taken to address global warming. Oh, and how did she get to the UN you may ask? She took a two week zero emissions boat from the United Kingdom to New York City. Her speech gained the attention and admiration of millions. On top of that, she also testified in front of Americas Congress demanding that they make a change. She was even featured as Times 2019 Person of the Year magazine edition. Kylie Jenner... you want to talk about self-made, look Greta up.

Malala Yousafzai

Instagram

Malala Yousafzai is the epitome of a strong woman. I personally think every woman should have a copy of "I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban" on their bookshelf. It would be an injustice for me to try to explain Malala's story in a few short sentences, but I encourage you to look her up. Today Malala, who is 22, attends the University of Oxford. She travels all over the world to meet with young women who are fighting child marriages, gender discrimination, and poverty. Her charity, the Malala Fund, is helping women in third world countries get access to education. She is changing the lives of countless women and her story continues to inspire people every day to fight for what they believe in.

Ellen Degenerass

Ellen (right) pictured with her wife Portia De Rossi (left).

Instagram

Does she really even need an explanation? Ellen is not only hysterical and was one of the first gay women to come out in tv history inspiring thousands of others to come out, but she also is a philanthropist. The Ellen Fund was created to conserve wildlife, specifically endangered species. The Ellen Fund was actually created by Ellen's wife, Portia De Rossi, and given to her as a birthday present... did someone says #couplegoals? Right now the charity is specifically focusing on saving gorillas. Her philanthropy doesn't just stop there. On her show, Ellen has notably given a million dollars to football star JJ Watts towards his work for Hurricane Harvey relief, gave 500,000 dollars to a struggling middle school in Detriot and hundreds of thousands to St.Jude Hospital. She is one of the most giving people in show business and that deserves a lot of praise.

Oprah Winfrey

Instagram

Oprah Winfrey is much more than just a television host. She grew up in rough conditions, which included her getting raped at the age of 9, having a baby and it passing away at the age of 14 and moving all around the US living with various family members. But after reading famous poet and activist Maya Angelou's book "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings," at the age of 16, Oprah took charge of her own life and completely turned it around. She went from being a local morning news anchor to having her own critically acclaimed show, The Oprah Winfrey Show. She has published an incredible memoir and has made it onto the Forbes' world list of billionaires list multiple times. It would take a long time to list all of her accolades but you get the point... Oprah Winfrey is a badass.