i dont need your friendship

I Voted Republican And I Don't Need Your Friendship

My generation definitely scares me.

10

Today I read an article by a person of my age, who is also attending a southern university, and the person who writes this article gives little factual information or proof for their accusations that Republicans are "limiting their rights."

I have officially given up on my generation. When I saw the campaign and large support of Bernie Sanders, a proclaimed socialist I realized that I was an outsider.

The 2016 election was a deciding factor in my choice for a political party, though I've had several reinforcements over the years.

I voted Republican, but only because it was the lesser of two evils. The 1940-1960's was an obvious embarrassment to several parties on both sides of the political spectrum. In the 1950-1960's we saw an impeachment, coverup, and open racism. In the 1940's we saw the growth of big government.

Both parties have had their dark histories, this includes Democrats being the majority founders of the Ku Klux Klan.

In 2016, I voted for Donald Trump. I watched the entire election night coverage, and I watched the refusal of Hillary Clinton to concede. I also watched all of the debates leading up to the election. The 2016 election was a crucial election point in the history of this country, but not a winning point.

Let me be crystal clear to the audience of this article, Donald Trump is a good president, but he is not the BEST president in history.

Trump has done many things to benefit the average American. Lower unemployment, higher employment rate, lower taxes, and a better economy are all great things brought on by the Trump administration. Lower employment rates, a failing economy, and forced healthcare are what president Trump inherited with his term.

In seeing how Roy Moore was treated with sexual allegations prior to Alabama's special election, as well as Justice Kavanaugh's hearings due to his sexual allegations I decided that politics was in a dirty, one-sided mudslinging battle.

So no fellow student, I did not vote to take away your rights, I voted for the lesser of two evils. I voted for the candidate without a record of refusing service to the embassy in need in Bengazhi.

I voted for the candidate who did not have a spouse impeached.

I voted for the candidate who did not previously steal White House Property.

I believe everyone should receive equal treatment in this land. No candidates are stealing your rights... quit spreading propaganda.