I Missed the 6 Train Today

I Missed the 6 Train Today

I barely missed the 6 train today, and it kinda sucked.

20
I Missed the 6 Train Today

I can't believe it. I missed the 6 train today.

This is after I hauled ass to the Metro-North and barely made that train. I was skipping 4 steps at a time down the green metal staircase and quite literally leaped onto the train. Exhausted, I sat, my asthma-ridden lungs burning. I reached into my pocket for my inhaler, which I of course didn't have. Great.

Now I was sucking wind in this train car, barely able to get my ticket out to the attendant. Finally, as we pulled into Harlem-125th Street, I had caught my breath and was ready to once again run to the 6 train. It's about a block away from the Metro station, and so I geared up and ran my heart out. I got into the station, scanned my card at the OMNY thing (MetroCards are oldschool now) and raced to the Downtown 6 track. I was so close. I looked up at the train schedule board and saw

"(6) Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall 0 min."

I realized I was on the uptown track so I quickly went to the downtown one. I raced across the mezzanine, down two flights of stairs, waited behind a couple slow walkers, raced past them, and finally made it to the downtown track...only to find the train's doors closing and it pulling out of the station.

Damn!

I couldn't believe I really missed the 6 train after all of that. I really couldn't believe it. After all of that struggle, all of that running, all of the strain on my poor asthmatic lungs, I had missed the train. No fruit to bear here. My tree was barren. I was a dead plum tree. I had missed the train. Oh, the train! The dreaded 6 train! The beautiful local locomotive which ran from 125th street down to 116th, then 103rd, after which it stopped at 96th Street, the station I had to get off at. 2 beautiful stations I could have seen! Instead, I caught the express which took me past those stops and straight to 96th. What a shame!