I Deserve What's Best For Me

I Deserve Someone Who Is 100 Percent Sure About Me

If you're questioning us, then drop me right then and there

334
Lexi Schroeder

I am newly single after coming out of a year and a half long relationship. I'm back at square one of trying to find someone I connect with again. I'll come out and say I am the type of person who loves to have a significant other. I enjoy having someone I can cuddle up with, talk to when I'm sad and go on dates and just enjoy feeling wanted and loved.

I haven't been single for a long time. Back in high school, I dated someone from my sophomore year of high school to my senior year, then broke up and was single for three months. After that three month break, I got into another relationship my freshman year of college and we just broke up two months ago... so I'm getting used to single life again.

I am not currently looking to hop right into another relationship, but I'm also not denying I wouldn't be for one if I find the right person. I've been trying out the popular dating apps like Bumble and Tinder and have talked with a few guys here and there.

It can be tempting to settle for someone who seems like they're giving you a lot of attention because it takes away the loneliness we feel. I don't know about other people my age, but I date to marry. I'm not looking to waste time with someone who I can't see myself with for a long time... there's no point in that. Everyone, including myself, deserves a significant other who is all about you.

Sometimes I do settle for something I don't deserve, I'm sure most of us are guilty of that. Since I've been single these couple of months, I've experienced being played, led on and used for things and I can tell you it does not feel good. And I'm probably accountable for doing things like that too at some point. And if I have, I offer the same advice which is don't settle for me, settle for someone better.

After little and big heartbreaks, it just helps me realize my worth more and what I truly deserve... and that is someone who wants me, will cherish me and who will take me for who I am. I am done settling for less than what I deserve and if you can't respect that, then you are not the one for me.