I Am Breaking Up With My Best Friend

Dear Friend,

I would like to start out this letter with a statement. You are not a bad person, we just aren't supposed to be best friends at this point in time, and that's okay. I have struggled with this process of letting go for a while now, but I think it is finally time that we go down our own paths. I am going to let you know why I have made this decision, because I don't believe you have seen anything wrong with our friendship.

Honestly, I am tired. I am tired of the late nights I stay up giving you advice and the long hours I wait for your responses, I am tired of spilling my heart to you, for you to not listen to what I have to say. I am tired of watching you harm yourself with the choices you make and not caring that they are extremely selfish. But, mostly, I am tired of the lack of reciprocation. You're not who I call when I need to talk about my problems, you're not who I call when I need someone to grab food with because what I am for you, you have never been for me.

I have learned over this battle that I cannot keep putting out my energy for someone I feels does not really appreciate it.

Maybe one day we will find each other again. But, for now, it's a goodbye.