7 Resources To Keep You Hydrated

Feel A Lil' Better: Because The Sun Is Out And You Don't Want To Get Dehydrated

5635

As it is practically summer in a majority of the United States, many of us are taking to the streets for long walks, socially distanced takeout, and runs through the neighborhood. Many of our favorite, indoor activities are still not open (thanks to that pesky little pandemic called COVID-19) so we're looking at a summer spent outside in the heat. This means it's extra important for us to stay hydrated as we try to beat the heat.

Each week, we're bringing you the best resources and influencers to give you a health boost. Here's what we're following this week regarding staying hydrated.

Book: "Quench"

Dana Cohen understands what we've all been taught about drinking enough water — and how some of those practices may be outdated. Using research from The University of Washington, she addresses myths, good and bad habits, and the ideal method to hydrate your body.

Podcast: "Food Heaven Podcast"

Whitley Atkins joins the Food Heaven Podcast to discuss how individuals can find out what their specific hydration needs are, and how to meet those needs accordingly.

Instagram influencer: Lisa Ginsburg

Lisa is a wellness enthusiast who's here to encourage you to live your best, most adventurous life. Not only is she super hydrated, but she shares other wellness and happiness tips for you to follow.

Twitter account: Michael Kuluva

If anyone knows the importance of healthy hydration levels, it's pro figure skater Michael Kuluva. Being an athletic isn't just intense cardio sessions or weight lifting — simple things like drinking water make a big difference in being the best version of yourself!

YouTuber: Fully Raw Kristina

Kristina breaks down physical symptoms of dehydration as well as quick, effective ways to re-hydrate your body. Hydration isn't necessarily just how much water you drink — she gives you the full picture of what happens when your body dehydrates and re-hydrates.

Playlist: Ocean Sounds

You gotta get in the right mood.

BONUS: A time-marked water bottle

It can be a little too easy to lose track of how much water you're drinking. A water bottle that reminds you means you won't even have to worry about it!

Is there a wellness resource you'd like to see featured? Send an email to lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com.

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.