How to throw a hurricane party

As dangerous and life-threatening as this Hurricane Florence can be, it is always important to try to stay as positive as you can during these times...

so why not turn this hurricane into a hurricane party?

1. Alcohol

https://media.giphy.com/media/b8HkETivY3Cvu/giphy.gif

'Nuff said.

You know you're going to be stuck in the house for a week or more- what else is there to do besides get drunk?

So as you're stocking up on water and bread, make sure you don't forget some margarita mix and a case of white claws (or a few).

2. Card games

https://media.giphy.com/media/HUX2dgvWEnXEs/giphy.gif

Whether it's Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples, or just your regular deck of cards, card games are a necessity when you're stormed in.

No power means no technology, so put your poker face on and stir up some competition with your favorite card game.

3. Snacks, snacks, and more snacks

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduGGje17gAsD85y/giphy.gif

Besides stocking up on the necessities like bread, eggs, and water- don't forget to pick up a few of your favorite junk food snacks too!

My favorite go-to snack that I would never get tired of eating while being stormed in for a week is buffalo chicken dip!

4. Good company

https://media.giphy.com/media/yidUzriaAGJbsxt58k/giphy.gif

There is nothing more fun than being able to be stormed in with all of your best friends and family.

Surrounding yourself with good company will not only make the time being stuck in the house go by quicker, but it will allow you to grow closer to them during that time and make lifetime memories!

5. Movies

https://media.giphy.com/media/11vsrRFqhjOcKI/giphy.gif

The best time to movie marathon is ALWAYS during a storm.

Take out your favorite old throwback movies, pop 'em in the DVD player, and marathon on!

6. Music

https://media.giphy.com/media/MJL5ae814FDTW/giphy.gif

And last but not least, the way to absolutely make your hurricane party- a dance party.

Grab your loudest speakers, make a hurricane playlist of all your favorite dance tunes, and as Michael Scott would say, "everybody dance now!"

As fun as hurricane partying can be, make sure that everyone is still smart and remembers that safety is the number one priority during these dangerous times.