hump day Wednesday

How to Get Over Hump Day Blues?

Uh oh, it's Hump Day.

1204
How to Get Over Hump Day Blues?

This middle child of the week is often a dreadful time for people with 9 to 5 jobs. It leaves you in this strange, confusing state of whether to be overwhelmed by a new week or be excited for the weekend. Generally, it's the former. And the result? A sharp dip in energy, focus and motivation. And this slightly controversial term perfectly depicts this fall.

So, are you feeling these Hump Day blues? Well, there are a few ways to deal with it, improve your productivity and turn a hump day into a happy one.

Recharge With Some Physical Activity

One of the best ways to recharge yourself is physical activity. If you are feeling overburdened with work, physical activity of any intensity will help get through the overwhelming feeling.

It is a common misconception that activity worsens fatigue. But in reality, exercise boosts endorphins that works way better in recharging your energy than spending the day in bed. You can try anything, from an intense workout in the gym to a light walk in the park. Make it a regular habit and you will forget about the hump day blues.

Socialize With Your Friends

If unproductivity is knocking at your door, it's time to change things up a bit. One of the best ways is socializing. Connect with your long lost friends or spend time with the special ones. Share your experiences and have a few drinks. It serves as a perfect way to declutter your life and feel refreshed.

You don't necessarily have to make big plans. A light brunch, movie night or a quick dinner is all you need to get through your dreadful Wednesday.

Most people make midweek plans to avoid the hump day blues. It helps shift the focus on something other than the fact that it's Wednesday.

Enjoy Hump Day Memes

There are two ways to deal with the hump day blues. You can try to escape it or embrace it.

Now, how do you possibly embrace a Wednesday? With Hump Day Memes.

With such a controversial term, how could the internet not have something to say about it? Here's one such meme:

Some call Wednesday "Hump Day", I call it false advertising.

That's just one small example of the hilarious content circling the internet. And since laughter is the best medicine, it will refuel your low energy tanks and make you all ready for the next working day. So, go ahead, laugh it out.

Sleep Better and Relax

If you are feeling unproductive on a Wednesday, it's possible that you are worn out and the fatigue is catching up. If you are nodding your head, it's time to take a break and finally relax. Amidst the pressure of work and daily life, we forget that there's only so much our body and mind can handle.

So, let hump day be your excuse to sleep early and get the rest you need. If that's not your idea of relaxation, try having a hot bath with a glass of wine and maybe a charcuterie board. Or better yet, visit a spa and experience true relaxation.

Sort Things Out

For some, the overbearing aura of mid-week is often associated with lack of organization. There's no specific goals or understanding of what's going on. Get through this feeling by sorting things out. Create short term goals, make plans, communicate and do everything that has been troubling your mind. Whether it's work or life, take time to declutter the chaos in your life and see the pressure dissolving slowly.

But, don't overthink it. Getting into the details and making an entire evidence board won't help. If anything, it will ruin your day.

Takeaway

The idea behind calling Wednesday a hump day is to see a work week as a hill. Wednesday is the peak of this hill and you have to go through it to reach the slope which is a weekend.

Now, nobody is expecting you to face a Wednesday full of energy and excuding a productive attitude. So, for days when you are bearing the full wrath of a hump day, remember the tips we've discussed and get through it every week.