Explore the uses of VR for corporate events & team building

VR Kingdom

26

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear Virtual Reality? If all you can think of are games and adrenaline, then you’re still far off from understanding the full capabilities of VR.

Outside the games and entertainment industry, the power of VR to accurately simulate a real-life situation into a virtual landscape lends a plethora of practical applications for businesses. In these unprecedented times, the digital solutions provided by VR grants businesses an opportunity and a highly scalable platform to continue flourishing.

If you’re looking for a dynamic, uncomplicated, and immersive solution to encourage collaboration, then VR is your way to go. From seminars and conferences to team-building activities, virtual reality is a powerful learning tool that can empower your workforce in many ways. Thus, providing you with an enjoyable, focused, and meaningful way to collaborate in an environment that is free from risks and distractions.

Why you should consider VR for hosting corporate events

Imagine walking to your work computer, but instead of just booting it up, you don your VR goggles and dive into your computer altogether. With VR, you can attend company events in the comfort of your own homes, complete with a 360-degree immersive environment. Whether it’s hosting a conference or a product launch, corporate events are key in drawing people together to forge connections that simply couldn’t flourish within an office’s heavily structured environment. Here is a look at the different ways VR can innovate corporate events.

Seminars and conferences

Audiovisual technology is essential in seminars and conferences. Stunning visual displays and compelling audio can enhance the delivery of these presentations. However, traditional displays relying on slides and speakers may risk losing audience interest if the material becomes stale. With VR, you can benefit from undivided attention as your attendees are pulled in and mesmerized by the virtual world that’s readily available to them. VR also makes conferences more accessible, anyone from anywhere in the world can attend provided that they have the VR equipment.

Marketing events and product launches

What better way to use VR than to create an out-of-this-world experience that people won’t forget? With VR technology you can immerse your target audience in a virtual product presentation to demonstrate product attributes, features, functionality. It can be anywhere from having them get behind the wheels of a new car model and giving them a visualisation or virtual tour of a house plan to help them make informed decisions.

Business meetings

In a post-pandemic world, remote working has persisted and is still preferred by most since it eliminates or at the very least reduces travel expenses. With VR conferencing, you can save costs and time, minimise distractions, foster better engagement, and interact in ways that exceed our current physical limitations. The sky's the limit for VR meetings, this platform lends you the opportunity to create bespoke meeting spaces that reinforce the tone and enhance the engagement of any meeting.

VR is revolutionising team-building

Beyond corporate events, virtual reality is a game changer for team building and collaboration. The technology can significantly improve communication between remote employees, making the process smoother and memorable. It also encourages socialisation among colleagues, making it possible to develop a solid team spirit despite being miles apart.

Group activities, both indoor and outdoor, epitomise corporate team-building events; and VR serves to enhance that experience. You can test your bond in a riveting zombie apocalypse survival game, or test their wits and unity as they solve puzzle games set in fantasy landscapes.

Since VR is inherently indoor, it is least affected by external influences. Non-VR team-building activities that can only be enjoyed in the summer can now be enjoyed all year round, without leaving the office! With VR, your remote or even your busiest employees can enjoy fun team events without the added hassle of traveling off-site.

VR technology for team building is also regularly updated, either with new activities and extra stages, or even new functionalities. With VR, you can guarantee your employees won’t suffer from the “I remember this activity from last year” effect.

Another advantage of VR is that it can collect and reflect data in real-time, wherever you are. You can keep tabs on team experiences, leaderboards, and gain insightful feedback on the impact of each team activity. Thus, showing you the areas of improvement for your team to solve problems more efficiently.

Whichever activity you choose, it ought to excite and engage your employees while staying true to the primary goal of stimulating teamwork, fostering collaboration, cultivating leadership skills, and encouraging open and healthy communication between the participants involved.

So if you want to elevate your business to greater heights, look into VR, you’ll be surprised by how much it can step up your game.